Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z list celebrities

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Its very lucrative, besides the pay they get for interviews in magazines and RTE, they have a big enough social media following to make a decent living.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I love Vogue Williams, she is beautiful.

Disturbingly large adams apple and deep voice. Quite large hands also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Ush1 wrote: »

And a mouth like a torn pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Ush1 wrote: »

I'd still ride her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Looks fine to me https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_Williams#/media/File%3AVogue_Williams_2014.jpg

Very strange when a person's appearance is torn to shreds when they look nothing like how they're being described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

neris wrote: »
    who, where??

Twink.

‘Zip Up Your Mickey’ Twink.

All those years of being nice and playing good parts as nice panto fairy godmothers ruined by one little sentence.

Who says the internet dosn’t matter.

Mind you, free jumpers from penneys, VIP cinema seat upgrades and gold star AbebrakebBra cards don’t pay mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I'd still ride her.

Even after Brian McFadden going there????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

My village has 3 different young people who before Covid-19 would turn up as guests of honour at events as "well known social influener". Local table quiz "Special Guest Host well known social influencer xxxx xxxxx". Dinner dance for GAA. Special Guest YYYY YYYYY, well known social influencer"

Older people, and especially parents, need to cop the **** on and realise when a young wan tells them he/she is a social influencer with 1000s fans on instagram that means they are just too lazy to get a proper job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Who do social influencers influence?
    Why do people feel the need to be influenced in the first place? Are people that really inept?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

The You tube doc about Paris Hilton is worth a watch.

For the record, I fancy Vogue Williams ( a lot of men do , she is gorge ).

I hate Colin Farrell... who is actually a genuine celeb, Cian Egan, Brian Dowling ( inexplicably), and I like to bully Jason Byrne.

I would love to shift Jennifer Zamparelli as well, she is cute.

Thanks. I will update later.

Vogue Williams and Jennifer Zamparelli?
    You have strange taste in women, neither of them are remotely good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

"Not remotely good looking" is hardly accurate. Some people don't seem to see the difference between not personally fancying someone and lack of any good looks at all.

I went to a convent school and so many of the girls would be commenting on nice looking girls' appearances - "I don't think she's good looking at all! Yeah if you look closely you can see a weird thing on her lip! Yeah!" etc.

Some posts here remind me of that - except it's not teenage girls, it's grown men! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Even after Brian McFadden going there????

Never really got over that one myself.

I can forgive , but it is difficult to forget.

The poor guy thought he was going to be the next Robbie Williams........ oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very strange when a person's appearance is torn to shreds when they look nothing like how they're being described.
    There's a very specific type of fragile male ego that pretends to take pride in claiming that an attractive woman is actually really ugly; like she's not good enough for his high standards.

Like I don't fancy Cheryl Cole/Nahasapeemapatalan, but that doesn't mean I think she's ugly. She's clearly very attractive. Same with Vogue. Not my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean I think she's unattractive. I can recognise the difference between fancying someone and recognising things that are aesthetically pleasing.

Lamborghinis are great looking cars, but I have no interest in driving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

"Not remotely good looking" is hardly accurate. Some people don't seem to see the difference between not personally fancying someone and lack of any good looks at all.

I went to a convent school and so many of the girls would be commenting on nice looking girls' appearances - "I don't think she's good looking at all! Yeah if you look closely you can see a weird thing on her lip! Yeah!" etc.

Some posts here remind me of that - except it's not teenage girls, it's grown men! :D

TBH if you're looking for common sense here in general, you will be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well the elephant in the room with the influencers was their tax paying. A bit of a clampdown on that lately though.
    Most of them have normal jobs too, they just don't focus on that part.

I wouldn't say they get paid a huge amount but the free swag is pretty helpful in keeping their own cost down I'd say. Have any of them been given free cars for the year like the GAA and Rugby lads do?

A friend of mine worked as a Sales Manager for an upmarket hotel in the UK. Peter Andre's management asked for comped rooms (2 of them) before. She initially was going to shoot it down but out of interest and the fact it was quiet midweek she agreed to the rooms only being comped. All this in return for "Peter giving exposure to the brand " and all that ****e.

They saw zero uptick in bookings outwith what they would have expected anyway. The only thing they did see was an upturn in D List British celebs also asking after clearly seeing Andre got a free stay. They were all rejected and Peter Andre himself was turned down 6 months later when he asked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Spare a thought for those that don't even make it into the latin alphabet of celebrities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

With Vogue Williams, I just don't get why she's such a big part of Irish "celeb" news. The Irish Independent constantly posting stories about completely inane, nothing situations involving her.

You would almost think she pays them to keep her relevant or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Homelander wrote: »
    With Vogue Williams, I just don't get why she's such a big part of Irish "celeb" news. The Irish Independent constantly posting stories about completely inane, nothing situations involving her.

Yeah but I just ignore that kind of stuff. I literally know nothing about these kinds of celebrities or, God forbid, influencers.

12509279_10156529795390195_2258424523499555404_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=lja4dkWc9tEAX-oLs3X&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0160514f5880543dffa221858d044ebe&oe=5F6D964E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Homelander wrote: »

Her PR company possible has a recriprocal arrangement where to get access to ‘proper’ celebrities they have to pay a certain amount of coverage for their other Z listers. I’ve certainly experienced this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres a very small pool of young beautiful irish celebs ,of course she gets alot of coverage by certain tabloids .
    She gets alot of coverage on the daily mail uk website.
    And she appears on a lot of tv reality shows in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Most are lunatics who think they have a chance of being relevant. Look at some of the spacers on X-Factor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kylta wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to be influenced in the first place? Are people that really inept?
    Someone named @Arii with 2 million followers failed to sell the 36 T-shirts required for her to start a clothing line.

Does that classify as inept ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Someone named @Arii with 2 million followers failed to sell the 36 T-shirts required for her to start a clothing line.

Does that classify as inept ?

I wonder would she let me have the t-shirts at 2euro ahead. Then I could flog them to the boardies for a fiver a go. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I love Vogue Williams, she is beautiful.

It's weird I like her as well, maybe it's just because she an attractive women. But she does seem to carry herself with a bit of classiness much lacking in most of those "celebrity" types with no discernible skills.

Oh maybe take that back, she did marry Brian mcfadden, but I suppose everyone is entitled to make a few mistakes.

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Kylta wrote: »
    "Social Influencer" is the most redundant job title ever given to a person. Would be more preferable to be one of those lads on the bottom end of the Indian caste system whose job it is to clean sewers.

Advertisement