Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAME Arcade Advice

• 25-06-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi , I am hoping to start my MAME arcade build pretty soon and until now have only really been bothered about the woodwork.
    I have a few options when it come to the actual mame set up as I was going to use a modded XBox with the big Arcade controllers that I have , or a proper IPac. The IPac is going to be expensive and I see another option via China.
    I would nearly stick one in in for a first build to see if they are any use.
    Has anyone tried any of these if so any reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arcade-DIY-Parts-USB-Encoder-2-Joystick-20-LED-Illuminated-Push-Buttons-MAME-/201330258394
    or from aliexpress
    Cheers

Comments

I know its not what you want to hear but that stuff is dirt.
    The ipac is the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Agreed, the 3rd party clones tend to introduce more problems than they solve. Stick with a genuine *pac product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Thanks better off hearing the truth before going through pain and no returns , any recommendations on the best place to get the correct one,
    It is an IPac i want to hook up to MAME or Hyperspin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

bennyc wrote: »
    It is an IPac i want to hook up to MAME or Hyperspin ?

How do you mean? Mame is an emulator, Hyperspin is a frontend for managing emulators...

yep its an ipac you want.
    arcade world uk.
    save yourself the hassle and but the pre crimped leads and the pre crimped daisy chain!
    well worth the extra 10/15e when it comes down to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Ive done a few custom builds for customers with the xin-mo usb encoder. never got a complaint about it. one guy was a total fighting game nut and was running the latest Pc version of street fighter on his cab as well as older stuff on mame. all i ever heard from him was good things about it. Windows will detect it as 2 seperate usb joypads without any special drivers needed.

its cheap and good quality alternative to an ipac in my opinion.

What did you end up doing for the woodwork side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

Usb retropad is good you can use it to connect arcade buttons or use old game controllers with it

Advertisement