Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    why dont you like the ship?
    and yeah i read up on chuck ive heard of it before Ill give it a watch for Jayne but unless he is all manly with guns strapped to him I dont know if ill like him in it.

and keithgeo that is an amazing picture where did you get it?

Yes I'd recommend you check out Chuck and Castle

I love the ship also and great picture

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Bought it off ebay, think it was only 20 quid. its basically 8 A3 print outs on high quality photo paper. I then bought 8 clip frammes for those pics, stuck them in there then drilled a lot of holes in the wall, lol. needless to say there is a few spare holes in behind the images, it took me an age to get it lined up right!

The guy on ebay does a lot of other movie, tv, pics too. I can dig out a link if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I'd recommend you check out Chuck and Castle

I love the ship also and great picture

Ok what is castle

Nathan Fillion is basically a Murder Novel writer and he teams up with a female detective for inspiration on his new series of books. its very good.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Bought it off ebay, think it was only 20 quid. its basically 8 A3 print outs on high quality photo paper. I then bought 8 clip frammes for those pics, stuck them in there then drilled a lot of holes in the wall, lol. needless to say there is a few spare holes in behind the images, it took me an age to get it lined up right!

The guy on ebay does a lot of other movie, tv, pics too. I can dig out a link if anyone wants it.

yeah i wouldnt mind having a look at the link, and I think that kinda art is called rasterbating, sh1t you not! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

what channel and when is castle on?

Don't like the design of the ship. Its got no design at all.

BostonB wrote: »
    what channel and when is castle on?

Season 2 is on Alibi on Sky Digital

Ah don't have that. Pity.

Ah don't have that. Pity.

RTE 1 showed Season 1 earlier this year hopefully they will continue with Season 2 and Season 3 (currently shown in US) sometime

firefly_cast.jpg

• Advertisement

he looks so different in normal clothes and with out the facial hair........ :confused:
    love that he wore the hat though :)

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    yeah i wouldnt mind having a look at the link, and I think that kinda art is called rasterbating, sh1t you not! :D

Here is the guys store, lots of great stuff on there, i had a look again at it, it only cost 14.90 for the post and 4 euro deliver so total it was only around 19 euro! Cost me 20 for the 8 clip frames from a friend who works in stationary.

http://stores.ebay.ie/hangyouridols

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

keithgeo wrote: »
    You will like this picture of my wall so...

officewall.jpg

Love that scene in castle alright, it was brilliant, wasnt expecting it all ..

Where did you get this?! I must have it!!!

Zapho wrote: »
    Where did you get this?! I must have it!!!

Lol, check the post above yours!

they have some really good stuff on that link, thanks for sharing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vinny_963

yea absolutely awesome show alright

wish they would make more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

firefly's awesome
    but serenity's awesome beyond belief
    even the cast where gutted when the show got canceled

firefly's awesome
    but serenity's awesome beyond belief
    even the cast where gutted when the show got canceled

Yeah I watched the extra features on the dvd and they did seem upset that it got canceled. Esp Mal, but he is the captain after all. I love him when he isnt acting he seems like a funny normal guy, someone you'd love to go for a drink with.

Noticed last night that "Jayne" is in Predator II.

• Advertisement

Summer Glau was on chuck with him last night, and there was another reference to firefly in Castle last night!

what chanell is Castle on?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Alibi

9pm on Weds.

Think it is about half awy through season 2 but you'll pick up the gist of it pretty quick and most episodes are self contained

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Hi Guys,
    I'm hoping you can help me!
    I'm looking for a model of the serenity ship ideally one that I could put up on a Christmas tree,
    My Brother in Law died of Pancreatic Cancer and it was his favourite show, This is our first Christmas without him So I'm looking to find the model to Give to my Family in law in honor of him cheesy I know but it would mean the world to his Partner!
    I've been googleing and found a couple of websites but they all say sold out!
    Tried eBay and found one but its 77 dollars :eek:
    Has anyone any suggestions? are there any Comic book stores in Dublin/Leinster Area that would maybe have them?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Fingers crossed I can find one in the next three weeks! as I'm flying to Canada then for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Thanks BostonB,

I found a load of links, but they all keep bringing me back to Amazon which says its out of stock, its getting rather annoying at this stage!
    I'll have to keep looking so!
    Thanks
    Though!

If anyone else has any other suggestions I'd be delighted to hear them,
    Also called Forbidden Planet in Dublin they don;t have anything like it!

Serenity film on RTE 2 tonight

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/17/firefly-returns/
    Firefly is returning to basic cable..
    The Science Channel has acquired the rights to the cult-hit and will air the series in its short-lived entirety, plus some new extras. Science Channel will wrap each episode with interstitial segments starring renowned physicist Dr. Michio Kaku, who will discuss the theoretical science behind the show’s sci-fi concepts.
    According to Firefly studio 20th Century Fox, this will mark the first time Firefly has aired on a fully distributed basic cable channel since 2008, when it ran on USA Network.......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Castle had its series finale tomorrow and Fox said to you and Joss: “We screwed up, let’s try doing Firefly again.” Would you do it?
    Yes. Yes. I would examine very closely Fox’s reasoning — I’m a little gun-shy. If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet.
    Best sentence ever.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The facebook page 'help nathan buy fireply' has 100,000 followers and they are setting up a donation website. Sounds class but Nathan tweeted that he appreciates the fans but NOT TO SEND ANY MONEY haha. Just watching the series again and will finish with Serenity. Mind Boggling actions from FOX.

Advertisement