Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

Just finished Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Holy sh1t, that was one scary but extremely fun experience. Don't have the pspro but it still looked and played great. Probably my best gaming experience to date ( I'm nearly 50)

Glad to hear that. It's on my list. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Glad to hear that. It's on my list. :D

Make sure to pick up one of these first

http://www.numskull.com/products/resident-evil-vii-4d-candle/

EDIT: ah crap, might be discontinued

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

mrcheez wrote: »

Or you could poop in the corner and bring a few bags from your bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mrcheez wrote: »

That's brilliant. It's actually genius. If I had the mental fortitude to play RE7 in VR, I would definitely pick that up. More games need to do this. Or at least some company needs to do this on behalf of games.*

Also, did you see the character themed rubber ducks?! I want them all!

Edit: Forgot to say, picked up the Spec II edition of GT Sport for less than €25 the other day. Was really into 1, 2 & 3 back in the day, but I found subsequent ones only meh. Having a blast with Sport though. I made a decision to only use manual and interior view, and I think that's helped (traditionally, it was AT and chase view). Cars do all feel different, graphics are of course spectacular if a bit weird by the scenes option. Who wouldn't park their Group 4 Evo Final Edition on the Giants Causeway!

Have finished the beginner and intermediate training (no expert?!) and half way through the challenges. Recognise most of the SP game modes (Sunday Cup, etc). Can't find any tournaments like there used to be (iirc, you could play the Sunday Cup as a tournament, etc). Not sure I'm ready for the online world yet, my driving lines are, shall we say, individual. Don't want to be 'that' guy who doesn't know the racing line and causes crashes. And while there is plenty of SP content, it's just all thrown there with no progression needed. Doesn't feel like the GT I remember, and doesn't help with the limited cars available. How could they have fit 650 cars into GT2 and only manage 333 here? I miss going into the second hand section and finding some bargains. Think that's missing from most racing games, the ability to buy realistic cars.

* might be over-reacting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Playing Dragonball Z Kakorot have put a good 25 hours into it really enjoying it so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Finished Wolfenstein II the other night, it was fantastic, just a fun old school shooter. So have now started on God of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Started back playing Dragon Age Inquisition, checked the last save I had, September 2018!! Think Fifa came out that week and then Red Dead so completely forgot about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone needs to play Deception 4. Go for the Nightmare Princess edition with extra content. It's the most fun I've had in a game in over a year and the amount of next level crazy traps you can set is endlessly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

So HZD fizzled out quite quickly, ended up quitting on my 3rd/4th evening after a few hours of zero fun... Finished Shadow of Tomb Raider t'other day, really enjoyed the gameplay of the main story. Onto Shadow of Mordor now, early days but so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Swore I was done with it but no I was wrong it seems.

I bought the Destiny 2 Forsaken and Shadowkeep DLC’s.

Let the addiction recommence. What have I done!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

JimBurnley wrote: »
    So HZD fizzled out quite quickly, ended up quitting on my 3rd/4th evening after a few hours of zero fun.

My advice would be to stick with it. I nearly quit it after around 10 hours because the battles were annoying me, but once I got the hang of it (and learned to use R2 to do a strong attack) it became much more enjoyable. Brilliant game overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Just finished The Outer Worlds yesterday, loved it and hope we’ll get the DLC they promised.

Next up is Skyrim VR - somebody pray for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Next up is Skyrim VR - somebody pray for me :D

First time I played that around 7pm I didn't realise time had passed and I took the headset off it was 3:40am ... on a work night ;)

superb game in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So HZD fizzled out quite quickly, ended up quitting on my 3rd/4th evening after a few hours of zero fun... Finished Shadow of Tomb Raider t'other day, really enjoyed the gameplay of the main story. Onto Shadow of Mordor now, early days but so far so good

I felt the same. Just knocked it down to easy, as I was really enjoying the story, but not the grind!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭facehugger99

God of War was €12 - so I bought it and am a few hours in.

Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

God of War was €12 - so I bought it and am a few hours in.

Enjoying it so far.

I'm not sure I am to be honest. Though in saying that I initially started off not being too fond of Horizon Zero Dawn and ended up loving it.

I wonder am I taking the wrong approach with battles? I tend to go in all gung-ho but perhaps they are supposed to be tackled slowly and carefully?

I'm not sure I am to be honest. Though in saying that I initially started off not being too fond of Horizon Zero Dawn and ended up loving it.

I wonder am I taking the wrong approach with battles? I tend to go in all gung-ho but perhaps they are supposed to be tackled slowly and carefully?

You definitely can't take the God of War 1-3 approach of battering the buttons, that's for sure! It's been a while since I played it, but I'm thinking I might go finish off the collectibles while we are locked away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Any of the big lads, I tend to keep my distance, spam the square button and use ranged combat and dodging.

I'd generally prefer games that have more of a stealth element myself but for €12 you can't go wrong with GOW - looks lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bought Freedom Finger this morning, only got to play a few levels but what did play was fun as hell.

For anyone who doesn’t know it’s a schmup with a rockin sound track coupled with a Cuphead type art style and silly humour.

€14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started playing GTA 5 with a few friends on Co OP last few nights is it just me or is it really awkward to get a game with just us only without randomers

Heists seem especially difficult to organise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sidford

Against the bigger ones keep your distance and use the kid for the arrows. You'll learn their moves easy enough so wait till vulnerable then in with a few hits and get back to safe distance. Would power up the kid as soon as you can,best weapon you have.

Stick with it, really is a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Outland on PS3.
    I think if it becomes like a bullet hell game I'll be stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Quit Shadow of Mordor tonight. Too repetitive, too much button bashing. Maybe I'm playing it wrong...

Working through backlog, next up choosing between Uncharted 3, A Plague Tale, Until Dawn, Yakuza Zero and Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2... Ideally something I can finish before RE3 is (hopefully) delivered

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Outland on PS3.
    I think if it becomes like a bullet hell game I'll be stopping

Let me know what you think of that. Want to play a good Metroidvania.

Quit Shadow of Mordor tonight. Too repetitive, too much button bashing. Maybe I'm playing it wrong...

I don't think you are. I got so bored with that game too.

Working through backlog, next up choosing between Uncharted 3, A Plague Tale, Until Dawn, Yakuza Zero and Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2... Ideally something I can finish before RE3 is (hopefully) delivered

I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor - it wasn't repetitive really at the time, but games have moved on since it was released - 6 years is a long time in games!

I did love the game, but that said, they kept a similar formula for the sequel, Shadow of War, and I could not get into that and dropped it after an hour. Assassins Creed: Odyssey is the level of open world that I want now, and I'm just onto ep2 in the second set of DLC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Shadow of Mordor I loved and was bored of at the same time, the environment was too boring in places. I enjoyed the system.

Thats a decent list after that to get stuck into

Until Dawn is great, takes awhile to get the story going/to move all the pieces into place, but its not a long game by any stretch, you'll finish that in a day!!

Batman awesome, wonder how well its held up!

Assassins creed 2 is great, one I got bored of at first but went back to and platinumed it.

Didnt play a plagues tale or Yakuza!

coolisin wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor I loved and was bored of at the same time, the environment was too boring in places. I enjoyed the system.

Thats a decent list after that to get stuck into

Until Dawn is great, takes awhile to get the story going/to move all the pieces into place, but its not a long game by any stretch, you'll finish that in a day!!

Batman awesome, wonder how well its held up!

Assassins creed 2 is great, one I got bored of at first but went back to and platinumed it.

Didnt play a plagues tale or Yakuza!

I actually just replayed Arkham Asylum about a week or so ago. It's likely the 5th time I've done so. It still holds up really well (NOTE: It was the remastered version) - must jump into Arkham City again (once I get past the prelude which I always hate)

Let me know what you think of that. Want to play a good Metroidvania.

Was good. Main complaint would be the bosses. Maybe we're spoiled these days but having to go through all phases and sometimes the area leading up to them any time you die is a pain.

And not being a completionist, I didn't feel the need to go back to previous levels to access the areas I couldn't before

• Advertisement

Just starting the FFVII Remake demo now. I'll admit to having never played a Final Fantasy game before

Advertisement