Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portfolio results 2015

Options
  • 05-03-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Not sure if there's already a post for this, I couldn't find one anyway.
    Just thought Id make one where we can all talk about portfolio results and art colleges! So where did everyone apply to? :) I've applied to ncad, Limerick, DIT, Dun Laoighre and Crawford in cork!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

Hannahart wrote: »
    Not sure if there's already a post for this, I couldn't find one anyway.
    Just thought Id make one where we can all talk about portfolio results and art colleges! So where did everyone apply to? :) I've applied to ncad, Limerick, DIT, Dun Laoighre and Crawford in cork!

What courses have you applied for? And where are you from?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hannahart

Forart14 wrote: »
    What courses have you applied for? And where are you from?:D

I'm from monaghan! I've applied for education in ncad and then fine art in the rest of them! :D I got my results from Limerick, 578 out of 600 so I'm delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CmlR

I'm applying to DIT and IADT...don't know about limerick yet though because the date they gave me clashed with DIT. How soon after applying did you get your LIT score? Well done btw!! :)

CmlR wrote: »
    I'm applying to DIT and IADT...don't know about limerick yet though because the date they gave me clashed with DIT. How soon after applying did you get your LIT score? Well done btw!! :)

I'm sure if you email them they'll reschedule it!:) Limerick was such a nice college, nicer than DIT I thought! I left my portfolio in Limerick on the Wednesday and got my results that same Friday so there's absolutely no waiting about!! Thanks :D

Hannahart wrote: »
    I'm sure if you email them they'll reschedule it!:) Limerick was such a nice college, nicer than DIT I thought! I left my portfolio in Limerick on the Wednesday and got my results that same Friday so there's absolutely no waiting about!! Thanks :D

Yeah I emailed them on Friday and apparently I can send a digital protfolio or rescheduale....they're very helpful alright! I wasnt even in DIT. I'm in Donegal so just get friends to drop it off to save the ten hours travel. Did you get a tour of grangegorman at all?

• Advertisement

Yeah I emailed them on Friday and apparently I can send a digital protfolio or rescheduale....they're very helpful alright! I wasnt even in DIT. I'm in Donegal so just get friends to drop it off to save the ten hours travel. Did you get a tour of grangegorman at all?

Ah that's not too bad then, at least you can do that! Haha you're dead right, I'm only an hour and a half away, Limerick was a different story however :P I didnt, I left mine in at around 12 and tere were only two of us leaving it in at that stage so I didn't get a tour, I ddnt really want one anyway though because I just wanted to get home haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rosie oconnor

Hi I'm Roisin from Wexford , I got my letter today , did everyone else receive theirs? I scored 803 in my portfolio .I dropped my portfolio into Iadt last week for viscom and first year fine art , not sure what college I want to go :S. It looks a bit unsettled up in ncad
    with the recent protests from the students about not having enough studio space and decline in facilities etc. I was up there on the open day and saw the third year painting area and was shocked to see 2 students working in the same workspace , each space is small enough . am I being to critical ? Or is it not as bad as people are saying ?

Hi I'm Roisin from Wexford , I got my letter today , did everyone else receive theirs? I scored 803 in my portfolio .I dropped my portfolio into Iadt last week for viscom and first year fine art , not sure what college I want to go :S. It looks a bit unsettled up in ncad
    with the recent protests from the students about not having enough studio space and decline in facilities etc. I was up there on the open day and saw the third year painting area and was shocked to see 2 students working in the same workspace , each space is small enough . am I being to critical ? Or is it not as bad as people are saying ?

Holy crap 803!!! Would LOVE to see some of your portfolio if you could some images?? Ncad & lsad are good if your not 100% sure on what you want to finalise in. Iadt are supposed to be really good for Viscom and I'm pretty sure they've recently been rated one of the top 100 art schools in Europe for design. Have you been to the open day or planning on heading to the degree show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rosie oconnor

Hi forart, well that's what would be expected as I am on a PLC course haha . We're on Easter break at the moment so I haven't got my portfolio with me ,( its in college) , to show you any images . Well I have an interview coming up for Dun Loaghaire for viscom so hopefully I can get a better look around the college that day . when is the degree show do you know?

Anyone recieve any DIT results today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ExtinctDodo

I got my DIT results,250/600 for Fine Art
    Is there even any point in getting hopes up for getting on the course?

I got my DIT results,250/600 for Fine Art
    Is there even any point in getting hopes up for getting on the course?

are you in leaving cert? And have you applied anywhere else? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ExtinctDodo

Forart14 wrote: »
    are you in leaving cert? And have you applied anywhere else? :)

Yeah I'm doing my Leaving,and I'd need around 490 points to get into the course
    I'm eligible for Dun Laoighre,it's just really far away

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhusie

Hi,
    Got my DIT photography results,450 outta 600.Anyone else applying for this course as a mature student?Any idea about how long to hear about interview etc??
    Still waiting to hear for Iadt and am planning to put a portfolio to Ncad for the part time course too.
    Love to hear your thoughts!
    :)

I got 550, waiting on iadt. DIT is my first preference for viscom but thinking about changing it cause the course in iadt sounds sooo good. Anyone have any idea about the course in dit? I don't know much about it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bazinga1

Did anyone apply for animation iadt? Were any of ye called for an interview I had one I don't really know what to take from it to be honest! Do you think the points will be as high as last year :/?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jakeskelly54

I got 550, waiting on iadt. DIT is my first preference for viscom but thinking about changing it cause the course in iadt sounds sooo good. Anyone have any idea about the course in dit? I don't know much about it

Wow you did great! I also applied to DIT Viscom but only got 300/600, I was really disappointed. Would it be possible to see some of your work from your portfolio I'd love to see some of your stuff considering how you did. :)

I got 765/1000 for ncad and 600/600 for dit (viscom and fine art). I don't know whether to go to ncad or iadt for viscom if I don't get animation, I haven't got my iadt results back but they said in the interview that I got high marks. What's everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jakeskelly54

bazinga1 wrote: »
    I got 765/1000 for ncad and 600/600 for dit (viscom and fine art). I don't know whether to go to ncad or iadt for viscom if I don't get animation, I haven't got my iadt results back but they said in the interview that I got high marks. What's everyone else doing?

600! Jesus thats amazing :P Would it be possible to see some of your stuff or maybe even a guideline as to your portfolios contents, I got 300/600 and I'm pretty sure I wont get in meaning im gonna try again next year I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction so I don't make the same mistakes twice :)

Hey, from what I've heard the IADT course for viscom is better. They mark you harder on your portfolio which suggests they have a higher standard. Also I went to a portfolio tutor and she recommended to me to put iadt over dit. Also everyone I've talked to does that to.

• Advertisement

600! Jesus thats amazing :P Would it be possible to see some of your stuff or maybe even a guideline as to your portfolios contents, I got 300/600 and I'm pretty sure I wont get in meaning im gonna try again next year I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction so I don't make the same mistakes twice :)

Yea sure! I followed the ncad brief, tough but the stuff you do in it is the kind of thing you do in first year college in many art courses which is what they want to see. When you do the brief, you have to ***think outside the box*** it's very important because you really don't wanna get stuck on thinking of ideas. The 2016 brief for ncad is probably out by now I haven't checked. Oh and of course, you don't have to stay exactly to this brief, you can do other work and add it in, just make sure everything is the same quality. Make sure the ***quality of your work is consistent throughout***. Very important. They want to see people who are dedicated and won't be likely to slack off. I plan putting pictures of my portfolio on deviantart or Instagram but I won't out them in till after LC because I'm trying to keep away from social media but I will message you in this and send you the link when I have them up!

This is just me but I've been sort of put off ncad because of the first year, if you really like viscom itd probably be more helpful to get straight into it istead doing a core year and then not being gauranteed to get into the viscom class in second year if you get me. You got an interview for iadt? I wonder is it bad not to get an interview? :/

Wow you did great! I also applied to DIT Viscom but only got 300/600, I was really disappointed. Would it be possible to see some of your work from your portfolio I'd love to see some of your stuff considering how you did. :)
    Yeah no problem, I'll pm you a link because I already sent it to limerick and athlone online :)
    I was actually quite shocked with the score cause I didn't folow the ncad brief just made up my own theme.

This is just me but I've been sort of put off ncad because of the first year, if you really like viscom itd probably be more helpful to get straight into it istead doing a core year and then not being gauranteed to get into the viscom class in second year if you get me. You got an interview for iadt? I wonder is it bad not to get an interview? :/

Yeah, I'd rather just go straight into it than core year and I heard only 30 people get into viscom second year ncad maybe it's more but there is a much smaller cutoff. Also the whole overcrowding thing.. I don't think it's bad if you don't get an interview people get in without them, I was looking through forums and one person said they had a whole class in iadt that didn't get an interview

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Applied for film/television in iadt and had an interview last week, did anyone else have one there too? I'm really not too sure what to make of it, I was so rushed in and out I didn't get to sell myself properly at all. I was only in there maybe 5 minutes :/ Anyone in the same boat?

peterk675 wrote: »
    Applied for film/television in iadt and had an interview last week, did anyone else have one there too? I'm really not too sure what to make of it, I was so rushed in and out I didn't get to sell myself properly at all. I was only in there maybe 5 minutes :/ Anyone in the same boat?

Yeah, I had two interviews viscom and animation. The viscom was only like five minutes but basically they said tey have me a solid score. Animation was a good but longer, but he told me that if I don't get it I could try again next year - I was quite disappointed because the way he was saying it it was kind of like I might miss out by a few points. Was film/TV the only interview you had? What did they ask you?

Yeah, I had two interviews viscom and animation. The viscom was only like five minutes but basically they said tey have me a solid score. Animation was a good but longer, but he told me that if I don't get it I could try again next year - I was quite disappointed . Was film/TV the only interview you had? What did they ask you?
    Did they say at all when the scores were due to come out?

Did they say at all when the scores were due to come out?

Yeah they said before the end of May

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Yeah, I had two interviews viscom and animation. The viscom was only like five minutes but basically they said tey have me a solid score. Animation was a good but longer, but he told me that if I don't get it I could try again next year - I was quite disappointed because the way he was saying it it was kind of like I might miss out by a few points. Was film/TV the only interview you had? What did they ask you?

Be optimistic for now anyways, all you can do is wait and see. He could've said those sort of things making sure you get a decent leaving cert result too!Yeah just applied for film/television they asked very basic questions like where my interests lay and as I was telling them things they were asking more and more questions and they hadn't even realised I was doing the leaving cert which led me to believe that they hadn't read the bloody thing at all.... Which is worrying :/

• Advertisement

peterk675 wrote: »
    Be optimistic for now anyways, all you can do is wait and see. He could've said those sort of things making sure you get a decent leaving cert result too!Yeah just applied for film/television they asked very basic questions like where my interests lay and as I was telling them things they were asking more and more questions and they hadn't even realised I was doing the leaving cert which led me to believe that they hadn't read the bloody thing at all.... Which is worrying :/

Yeah that's true. We'll see now.. I hate how the results come out so late I wish I knew so that I know where I stand. Yeah I know how you feel like I had a cv at the front of my portfolio it had the info in there but they didn't read it at all because they asked me the questions that were already answered in it as if they didn't read it yet. So don't be that worried with regards to that the fact that you got an interview is really good what are the points like for your course?

Advertisement