Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

awaiting a letter from NCAD for CORE year starting sept 2011?? :O

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

yeah, they probably just gave out too many places in the initial offer last year, and then decided not take anyone in from the B list. Hopefully won't be like that this year, as the letter was pretty specific that there would be only 162 places.
    can i ask, how do you know that there is 162 places?? did it say that on your letter? i dont recall seeing any number of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheStonecutter

sligo. wrote: »
    can i ask, how do you know that there is 162 places?? did it say that on your letter? i dont recall seeing any number of places.

Yeah, it said 162 on the letter. I don't have it to hand, but I'm pretty sure it said that on one of the pages- not the one with your score on it, the other one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

New Brief is out for 2012!!! Here we go again! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 EMILY.C

Rosie30 wrote: »
    New Brief is out for 2012!!! Here we go again! :eek:

I was looking at it just there! I'm kinda jealous of the people who get to do it! I'd love to do the 'opposite of a chicken' bit, might just do it for the craic!

Anyone know anything about the summer project we have to do before we start in NCAD in sept?

EMILY.C wrote: »
    I was looking at it just there! I'm kinda jealous of the people who get to do it! I'd love to do the 'opposite of a chicken' bit, might just do it for the craic!

Anyone know anything about the summer project we have to do before we start in NCAD in sept?

it says on the website that details will be up as soon as they can be :) click on 1st year core and on the left hand side it says summer project and you can check that now and again to see when it come up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lemonade1

anyone been to the ncad access scheme interviews??? i have been called and i am curious as to what they might ask or how long it wil be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SadMatt

lemonade1 wrote: »
    anyone been to the ncad access scheme interviews??? i have been called and i am curious as to what they might ask or how long it wil be ?

Mind if I ask how much points did you got from the ncad portfolio?

SadMatt wrote: »

sure, got 540 for my porttfolio...why? you have an interview too?

sure, got 540 for my porttfolio...why? you have an interview too?

Sadly, no. They wrote that my score (500) was under the treshold and im not able to have an interview.
    Well... at least I did good on DIT portfolio, otherwise the stress would kill me.

Sadly, no. They wrote that my score (500) was under the treshold and im not able to have an interview.
    Well... at least I did good on DIT portfolio, otherwise the stress would kill me.

oh that is wierd like that is a very good score!
    yes i got an offer from DIT too so if I dont do well at the interview I am going to go there for fine art hopefully
    what course you apply for there?

• Advertisement

oh that is wierd like that is a very good score!
    yes i got an offer from DIT too so if I dont do well at the interview I am going to go there for fine art hopefully
    what course you apply for there?

Visual Merchandising and Display :)
    Good luck on your interview! Don't let the stress kill you.

Visual Merchandising and Display :)
    Good luck on your interview! Don't let the stress kill you.

thankyou il try not to! good luck to you too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jammy91

i got 850 points and i did my portfolio course in drogheda its a fashion course ! sorry im only writing this now i only joined ! just wondering what everyone else got ? i also got 534 out of 600 in lsad :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

jammy91 wrote: »
    i got 850 points and i did my portfolio course in drogheda its a fashion course ! sorry im only writing this now i only joined ! just wondering what everyone else got ? i also got 534 out of 600 in lsad :D:D

Thats an amazing result!! :)Well done u! I did hear that the design courses in Drogheda are particularly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jammy91

Rosie30 wrote: »
    Thats an amazing result!! :)Well done u! I did hear that the design courses in Drogheda are particularly good!

oh yeah the fashion and interior design courses are the best ! by far from what Ive read on this ! its all down to the tutors ! there amazing and so hard working and so dedicated to all the students ! :D

okay so this is my next question people, maybe a new thread should be started or just not, keeping in trend with starting at NCAD sept. '11 i suppose :) so i want to know if anyone (who has been offered a place at NCAD and will be accepted provided they get the grades) has started to look for accomadation yet in Dublin? have you sourced it yet? where is everyone looking? are you folk thinking of student accomadation??....griffith halls i've been told about. student accom at Marino, although it looks far away from NCAD?...i'm not sure what to do or where to start. and yes i know it is early to be looking and thinking but at the same time provided i get the grades i should be hitting off for Dublin in september so it's no harm to be thinking about where i could possibly end up living. please help, give suggestions, recommendations to me and the other people on here too that are not sure about what to do when it comes to accomadation in Dublin. help is greatly appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I just finished first year of fine art in DIT and I am awaiting assessment results on the 3rd of June, if you have any questions feel free to ask/PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kanedaly60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catman103

So for all fellow leaving cert people, how are we all finding accomplishing our Ds and Cs? I'm extremely glad I don't have to count points :) I suppose all the arty people have had out stress through christmas and now the rolls are reversed lol :p

• Advertisement

catman103 wrote: »
    So for all fellow leaving cert people, how are we all finding accomplishing our Ds and Cs? I'm extremely glad I don't have to count points :) I suppose all the arty people have had out stress through christmas and now the rolls are reversed lol :p

yes indeed the rolls are reversed! people couldn't understand last christmas why i was stressing (only having done 4 mind maps, and about 3 pages of section A!!:P) and now they need to get maximum points....teehehe! i'm finished english, maths and irish now thank god:D all going very well, my 4 other subjects are in the next 3 days though....FML haha:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

Hows everyone feeling about NCAD now?
    I'm debating with myself whether to move it down my CAO.
    Can't decide if it's something I'd be really good at or interested
    in or not, feels like such a big commitment! Then again I
    could just be overthinking it....
    Anyone else feeling the same way? :P

snicket wrote: »
    Hows everyone feeling about NCAD now?
    I'm debating with myself whether to move it down my CAO.
    Can't decide if it's something I'd be really good at or interested
    in or not, feels like such a big commitment! Then again I
    could just be overthinking it....
    Anyone else feeling the same way? :P

i know at times i feel like that too :p but to hell go for it, if you were accepted you are mighty good and well able for it :D lets do it ya'll!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

sligo. wrote: »
    i know at times i feel like that too :p but to hell go for it, if you were accepted you are mighty good and well able for it :D lets do it ya'll!!!

Well its third on my CAO now, can't see myself getting the points for my first two though :P My cousin goes there & talking to him about it yesterday got me all excited again :D

snicket wrote: »
    Well its third on my CAO now, can't see myself getting the points for my first two though :P My cousin goes there & talking to him about it yesterday got me all excited again :D

that's great, if your excited about it again you should move it up to one again maybe?? incase it ended up that you did get one of your top 2 :p are your 1st two art aswel? :) Edit: i see the change of mind closed on the 1st....never mind haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Awh, reading this thread brought me down memory lane! All the way to two years ago haha (I'm going into third year in NCAD) - good luck guys! It'll be graaand! ;)

• Advertisement

thank you!:) i can't wait to start in September. it sounds like your enjoying it immensely anyhow:D can't believe 5 years of school is over and i'm off to college soon!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 EMILY.C

I can't wait for the summer project to come out for NCAD, anyone know what its going to be about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 I am

what are the Category A and Category B waiting lists? :S

Advertisement