Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended webcomics

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

For the horror fans out there, Si Spurrier's been doing a great job with Crossed: Wish You Were here. I should point out that it's most definitely NSFW for a whole bunch of reasons, so don't go looking at it at work. At a time when there are zombie comics all over the place, most of them pretty blah if I'm honest, Wish You Were Here is infused with the kind of nastiness that makes it very hard to ignore. When I first heard about Ennis' Crossed concept, I figured it was just him channeling his worst excesses as a writer, but Spurrier has made it really engaging through a combination of horribly pitch-black humour and despair, with both aspects complementing each other perfectly.

I'm not kidding when I say this is both NSFW and not for the faint of heart, but if you're interested in taking a look, it's available here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Woody After Hours
    The premise of this is that its a webcomic where the main character Woody is a chat show host and his guests are characters from other webcomics. I've found it to be very cool and its introduced me to lots of other webcomics too. And its nice to see the artwork progress too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MadMattDog

I am very suprised to see no one has inlcuded Homestuck on here

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

It's a web comic, that has animated gifs, flash animations with original music, and even interactive flash games. It's about 4 human kids, who recieve a beta copy of one of the latest games out, SBURB, which changes their lives forever by throwing them into a whole new realm called the Medium. It involves time travel, aliens, fighting, some rather good humor. Its one of those things that quite hard to explain or sum up accurately, without going on and on or ruining some of the key plot points. It's 6000 pages long and there is even a game being made out of it.

Just on a side note, there is a facebook page for Irish fans of the comic. If I wanted to spread it around where would I make a post about it on here? Boards can be confusing at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nekothekitty

Surprised nobody's mentioned Neko the Kitty yet. It's made in Ireland.

Example strip

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Surprised nobody's mentioned Neko the Kitty yet. It's made in Ireland.

Example strip

I would've sworn it was already in the list as I remember enjoying it quite a lot years ago. Maybe it got removed during one of the extended breaks between updates... (I also would've sworn that I checked whether it was active recently and concluded that it wasn't, but I've just seen that there are at least a dozen strips from the last month, so I guess I should make some time to go through the backlog).

Mod note: I've removed all the embedded images in this thread as they're making some pages slow to load and causing false-positve malware warnings (probably due to compromised ad networks).

If you want to give folks a taster of a given comic, please link to it rather than embedding it (which is generally better netiquette anyway, especially for those who have to pay for their own bandwidth).

On a separate note, I clearly need to spend a couple of hours going through this thread and updating the list in the OP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to promote my own so feel free to delete this.

I just started my second comic on Facebook. "The adventures of Megapixel"
    I will be making a new blog for it soon:

https://www.facebook.com/theadventuresofmegapixel

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Thought this best place for this. Special Edition of The Blah Blah with Gavin McCumiskey of Green Monkey Comics.

Gavin sits down to talk about his first ever comic "Innocent Tales." Gavin give us all the details of making in your own comic. Part 2 on the way. Here the link:

http://cmpxt7.podomatic.com/entry/2013-09-24T13_24_26-07_00

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

gufnork wrote: »

Fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

thanks so much for the links, I'll be reading a lot of webcomics later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Rawr

It occurs to me that I shamelessly plugged my office comedy here many moons ago but didn't do that same to my other webcomic :D

Despite the fact that I've never lived in the place, I've been running a light hearted weekly adventure web-comic set in County Wicklow. It's called Bata Neart and follows a group of local Secondary School students as they try to cope with a Celtic super-weapon (which results in property damage...namely a burned out Toyoto Yaris :D)

Updates every Friday on my site, and can occasionally be NSFW (so be careful)

Advertisement