Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone number for website

Options
  • 25-10-2020 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a phone number for this website.

https://www.dvdplanetstore.pk/

I've been trying to look for it but can't find it anywhere :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That site is from Pakistan. I would not be buying anything from there...lots of dodge potential. It will be hard to get a number, even if the site is genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

If only there was some way to get movies without buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is there a phone number for Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is there a phone number for Boards?

It's not selling anything but I'm sure you can call digital media, it's owner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

They clearly state they don't want people ringing them.

Anyway. Not sure what you were googling that you ended up on that website, but steer well clear. Besides the poorly designed & outdated website, the fact that it is far, far, far more expensive than other legitimate websites (like Amazon), you will have to pay a $hitload in taxes/customs on any deliveries, it is based in Pakistan, and it has all the hallmarks of a seriously dodgy setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Nexytus wrote: »
    If only there was some way to get movies without buying them.

Many people are not cheapskates! Most people maintain a healthy balance of paying for media and downloading media (where too difficult/expensive/inconvenient to purchase). For many others, they would rather pay for the quality of disc format, rather than download a poor quality pirated version.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dotsman wrote: »
    Many people are not cheapskates! Most people maintain a healthy balance of paying for media and downloading media (where too difficult/expensive/inconvenient to purchase). For many others, they would rather pay for the quality of disc format, rather than download a poor quality pirated version.

You can still get good quality legal digital copies.

Haven't bought a DVD in years.

If I did though I certainly wouldn't be buying them off a Pakistani website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

go on the pakistan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hello sir, you have a problem with your windows.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

For the love of god do not order from that website

Hello sir, you have a problems with your other windows

• Registered Users Posts: 20,496 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hello sir, you have a problems with your other windows

That's the Indians. The other lot are cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

They used a 3rd party in Panama to register their website for them so they could remain anonymous. Seems even more dodgy.

That's the Indians. The other lot are cowboys.

You have a problems with your swindows

You have a problems with your swindows

I'm calling you from my crow soft costumer support you have a wirus in your commpuuter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

So let me guess, you need the phone number as you've already placed an order, paid for it and have got nothing? Shocked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Snotty wrote: »
    So let me guess, you need the phone number as you've already placed an order, paid for it and have got nothing? Shocked!!

you're half right, placed an order, didn't pay anything yet (they said they'd send on bank details in an email). Bad move on my part I know.

I realized what just a dodgy website it is, the phone number is to cancel my order

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you're half right, placed an order, didn't pay anything yet (they said they'd send on bank details in an email). Bad move on my part I know.

I realized what just a dodgy website it is, the phone number is to cancel my order

Just dont respond to them if they do email you.

Just dont respond to them if they do email you.

yeah, I won't be going near them again!

• Advertisement

Getting seriously bad vibes from that website

Spam any emails that come, you haven't paid, they ain't sending anything and you have no contract so wouldn't be worrying or even considering calling, it most likely be a premium number if you did.

Do not answer any emails and don't send any payment details or card details or book it at all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Remember Jeremy Clarkson ?

never knew this happened to him, you really do learn something new every day..

Does the site have the pad lock symbol in the search box beside its name?

If not it ain't secure anyway.
    I don't want to go into the link myself.

it does yeah, totally understand why you don't

I hate when people say this as it gives a false sense of security. My grandmother loves telling me that "look it says here that it's secure, there's a lock"

For anyone who doesn't know the lock means communication between you and the website is secure. It doesn't mean the website is legit or that they wont steal your money, just that your details will be communicated to them securely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Did you register on the site?, if you did id be changing the password on your email if you used the same password

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just forget about it Cat Lady. You're obviously a contentious person looking yo follow up to cancel but best have no contact if you're dubious.
    Don't phone or email them again and like someone said send any future emails to spam.
    If something doesn't feel right, then don't follow through.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Jimson wrote: »
    Did you register on the site?, if you did id be changing the password on your email if you used the same password

nope, didn't create an account/register
    Just forget about it Cat Lady. You're obviously a contentious person looking yo follow up to cancel but best have no contact if you're dubious.
    Don't phone or email them again and like someone said send any future emails to spam.
    If something doesn't feel right, then don't follow through.

will do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement