Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell 1760NW Colour Laser Printer with Ethernet, Wireless and 3 year Warranty -Amazon

Options
  • 04-01-2014 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking for a new colour laser printer and picked up this earlier from Amazon for £105.85 delivered to Parcel Motel.

It comes with a 3 year warranty which is sweet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Printer-Ethernet-Wireless-Warranty/dp/B00A9E486O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388870418&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+1760nw

Product Description

Get brilliant, high-quality colour prints from an easy-to-use and affordable printer. Dell's C1750nw with built-in Ethernet and WiFi helps enhance office efficiency.

Product Description

Dell A4 Colour Printer Wireless amp Network 1200 x 1200 dpi Resolution 384MHz Processor 128MB Memory USB20 High speed Interface 12 ppm Colour 1 Years Warranty 21041094 Printers Colour Laser A4 uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

That printer costs 102 GBP... There's a cannon printer in Tesco that does more or less the same thing for €49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

That printer costs 102 GBP... There's a cannon printer in Tesco that does more or less the same thing for €49

Laser Printer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surely this one, dearer on amazon also but good reviews
    I bought this yesterday in currys for 49 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-MG3250-Colour-Printer-Duplex/dp/B008UP0I2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872400&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+pixma+mg3250

set up, just need some paper now
    came with cartridges also
    I'm assuming they're not full
    I know one of the staff in tesco said the cartridges
    are half full when I enquired there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

wouldnt mind a laser printer, bit outta my price range tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

mailburner wrote: »
    surely this one, dearer on amazon also but good reviews
    I bought this yesterday in currys for 49 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-MG3250-Colour-Printer-Duplex/dp/B008UP0I2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388872400&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+pixma+mg3250

set up, just need some paper now
    came with cartridges also
    I'm assuming they're not full
    I know one of the staff in tesco said the cartridges
    are half full when I enquired there

the difference is OPs one is a laser printer that uses toner and yours is inkjet which uses ink cartridges

TLDR: Inkjet printers are cheap. Laser printers are dearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Top tip for printers is to check the cost of ink. Some printers are cheap as they fleece you on the ink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

comparing apples to grapefruit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Based on this review (03/12) it looks like very poor value to me with very high running costs, unless the consumables have dropped in price.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/printing/3433597/dell-c1760nw-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

comparing apples to grapefruit

In this case grapefruit might be better. Laser toner is expensive, difficult to get compatible and laser printers only print on A4 paper.

I bought a colour Samsung laser and it was cheaper to buy another than replace the toner. I got the canon instead and like being able to print out photo sized paper also

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Compatible cartridges seem very reasonable on Amazon @ £5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

evostik wrote: »
    Compatible cartridges seem very reasonable on Amazon @ £5

Place where I work, sells these for about €15 each so compatibles are very cheap for them. They would be brand new compatibles too available for these not dodgy remanufactured, ensuring very comparable quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

I was looking for a new colour laser printer and picked up this earlier from Amazon for £105.85 delivered to Parcel Motel.

It comes with a 3 year warranty which is sweet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Printer-Ethernet-Wireless-Warranty/dp/B00A9E486O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388870418&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+1760nw

Product Description

Get brilliant, high-quality colour prints from an easy-to-use and affordable printer. Dell's C1750nw with built-in Ethernet and WiFi helps enhance office efficiency.

Product Description

Dell A4 Colour Printer Wireless amp Network 1200 x 1200 dpi Resolution 384MHz Processor 128MB Memory USB20 High speed Interface 12 ppm Colour 1 Years Warranty 21041094 Printers Colour Laser A4 uk

Hi, I'm thinking about buying this exact same printer, It won't deliver to ireland so I was thinking of getting it through my Parcel Motel account like you. How much did it cost to get it delivered through Parcel Motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my son managed to break my Brother laser printer ( only a few weeks old) . I picked the exact same model up on adverts for €40 and stripped my original one for spares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

In this case grapefruit might be better. Laser toner is expensive, difficult to get compatible and laser printers only print on A4 paper.

I bought a colour Samsung laser and it was cheaper to buy another than replace the toner. I got the canon instead and like being able to print out photo sized paper also

Usually the laser tone lasts vastly longer. For us it lasts a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Any links of the exactly colour laser printers ye are using guys? It's a minefield out there.
    Need a colour laser printer where the toner is very reasonable and cheap. The Dell printer is attractive as Amazon are selling a whole Toner set for very small money. Reviews are good but they do not deliver to Ireland. Afraid the printer might not fit into the locker with parcel Motel so I don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-C1765NF-Multifunction-Colour-Printer/dp/B00AAWJC20/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402400006&sr=1-2&keywords=dell+laser+printer

I bought that one a few weeks ago. Great printer. It is more expensive that the printer in the original post because it is an all in one. Printed 200 colour pages and there is still over half the ink left in all of the cartridges that came with the printer.

Note: This is not a wireless printer. But I have it plugged in to my router so it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

7dayshop.com is good for cheap laser toner. You can refill and chip some cartridges for peanuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Also check it comes with a full toner. many new printers are sold with a "demo" toner" or Cartridge which is only half filled (or less) than a normal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

and laser printers only print on A4 paper.

What

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Any links of the exactly colour laser printers ye are using guys? It's a minefield out there.
    Need a colour laser printer where the toner is very reasonable and cheap. The Dell printer is attractive as Amazon are selling a whole Toner set for very small money. Reviews are good but they do not deliver to Ireland. Afraid the printer might not fit into the locker with parcel Motel so I don't know what to do.

Parcel motel have a process for oversized parcels: pick up from a nightline depot or have it delivered at home. Both are extra cost, the home delivery is the most expensive. Details here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

I received a 40" TV through parcelmotel last week from Tesco UK online (picked up from depot) and the procedure was easy and cheap. Of course your mileage may vary but I'm very happy with them and oversized items worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Canon Pixma MG6350 I bought this one and love it. The wireless is brilliant. How do i know what the print costs are actually like as i'm still on my first set that came with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

collegeme wrote: »
    Canon Pixma MG6350 I bought this one and love it. The wireless is brilliant. How do i know what the print costs are actually like as i'm still on my first set that came with it?
    Google model review, maybe?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement