Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Summer Sale

Options
  • 25-06-2003 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

HMV's summer sale starts tomorrow. There are usually a few good bargains to be had amongst the rubbish. Well worth a visit.
    The Jimi Hendrix 4 CD boxset will be €30 for one day only and i have heard that the Godfather trilogy DVD set will be very cheap too. If you spot anything decent maybe post below?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

from work I probably won't get there till about half an hour before closing tomorrow - would ye reckon it's best to head straight for Grafton or Henry st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Grafton St generally has a much better selection of stuff but will be by far the busier. The DVD selection in Henry st is particulary poor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

Wha time does HMV open at?

thanks
    toil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Wha time does HMV open at?

8AM on Grafton St. Not sure about the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

thanks!
    Will have look in the morning!

toil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sale is sh|t tbh. same as all there other sales.

suppose im only sayin that because none of the stuff i want is never on sale. bought the al stewart - to whom it may concern and eels - shootenanny. both cost e26 :(

[although i do hear charlies angels is on special offer] :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Aye, it's a pretty lousy sale, I guess they're just trying to clear out the crap that no one wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Got the Thin Lizzy box set for €23 - less than half price - I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... and I got a Robert De Niro box set (Deerhunter, Heat, Goodfellas) for €15 !!

The good stuff is there if you look hard enough...

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

The good stuff is there if you look hard enough...

very true dave, I got the same box set and am well pleased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

From personal experience i can tell you that the staff hold on to all the good deals for themselves. At least thats what happened in virgin.

Advertisement