Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone smart 3 ..30€ when you switch

Options
  • 10-06-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

back on offer again

30 euro when you switch number

4" screen decent phone and camera

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can it be unlocked?

The reviews aren't great... even for 30.

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/vodafone-smart-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Is this with Vodafone shop or carphone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Presumably with Vodafone, either online or in store. €20 off when you switch.

Phone was selling for €80, now reduced to €50. Probably due to the imminent arrival of the Smart 4.

It's a pretty good phone for the money. I know two people with a Smart 3 and they have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have it, picked it up at Christmas and it's a handy spare, my son uses it like an ipod.

I unlocked it on ebay for a couple of euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's an absolute piece of crap. Its so slow I've watched it waiting 30 seconds to bring up the dial screen. Might be usable only if you don't install anything,

• Advertisement

With android you'd really need to be getting something with a dual core minimum. The smart 3 is a single core.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It's an absolute piece of crap. Its so slow I've watched it waiting 30 seconds to bring up the dial screen. Might be usable only if you don't install anything,

Rubbish ,its a grand phone ,great for the price.
    I switched to it from a Galaxy S and its a better phone,battery life is excellent.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Rubbish ,its a grand phone ,great for the price.
    I switched to it from a Galaxy S and its a better phone,battery life is excellent.

Thats interesting because other than a slightly newer CPU the Galaxy S is pretty much the same spec but with a better screen.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5464&idPhone2=3115

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My wife has one and she's not a bit shy about using it. :D

Seriously, though, what do you want for €30?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got this at XMas for the little one, cracking phone for the price, she has no delays using apps etc

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Bought this before Christmas for I think around €29 with free 3 months of Spotify and data.

It's still in the box unopened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its a great phone for €30, good battery and reasonable screen size.

Thanks op.

beauf wrote: »
    Thats interesting because other than a slightly newer CPU the Galaxy S is pretty much the same spec but with a better screen.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5464&idPhone2=3115

Yeah the screen is slightly better than the Galaxy S but the battery life on the Galaxy S was brutal.
    I'd barely get a day out of it ,and it had no official Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean builds.
    I used Cyanogenmod for a good while but its battery performance was poor too ,kept on eating power.

The camera in the Galaxy S is better but it has no flash .
    Performance wise not much between the phones but I was happily surprised by the performance of the Smart 3 when I bought it ,unbelievable for 30 euro .

The screen on the Galaxy S is Amoled it uses far less battery with black/dark screens than white ones. Its also a 4yr old phone. The battery is probably shagged.

The battery is probably shagged.

I tried a new battery in it ,it made no difference.

Then its broken :)

Then its broken :)

Yeah I think its gone a bit temperamental,it locks up a good bit and the power button is a bit hit and miss (common fault) so I dont use it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So ,no deal if you are already with vodaphone? would like one ,my son just dropped his phone and now broke (nokia 610 )?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    So ,no deal if you are already with vodaphone? would like one ,my son just dropped his phone and now broke (nokia 610 )?

Just get a free Tesco Sim or similar and use number to port over to Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just get a free Tesco Sim or similar and use number to port over to Vodafone

just ordered a tesco sim card on line,
    looked on vodaphone site to purchase and then comes up with " will send you a text with a security code to to your tesco moble to complete purchase", how will i do this ,tesco sim wont work with my phone, locked to vodaphone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just ordered a tesco sim card on line,
    looked on vodaphone site to purchase and then comes up with " will send you a text with a security code to to your tesco moble to complete purchase", how will i do this ,tesco sim wont work with my phone, locked to vodaphone ?
    You need to unlock your phone or borrow someone s unlocked phone or one that takes a test sim

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

I think u would be better off paying an extra tenner and getting the smartmini 4 available for 40 euro when you switch and it's got dual core processor.

I think u would be better off paying an extra tenner and getting the smartmini 4 available for 40 euro when you switch and it's got dual core processor.

Yeah basically the same phone but with a dual core processor but no flash and slightly inferior camera (but the camera in the Smart 3 is pretty poor anyway )
    Strange that they are labelling it the Smartmini 4 when the phone is almost the exact same dimensions as the Smart 3 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

camera in the smart 3 is very good imo

Probably because the 4 has a better processor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you've ever had an any way decent android phone, the smart 3 will make you cry. it's bloody awful.

dog slow to do anything at all, screen and touchscreen is terrible. i got it as an interim to replace a broken phone until i was due an upgrade and it was a painful couple of weeks.

that said, if you're the sort of person who'd pay 30 euro for a phone as your 'daily driver', you'll get what you pay for.

vibe666 wrote: »
    if you've ever had an any way decent android phone, the smart 3 will make you cry. it's bloody awful.

dog slow to do anything at all, screen and touchscreen is terrible. i got it as an interim to replace a broken phone until i was due an upgrade and it was a painful couple of weeks.

that said, if you're the sort of person who'd pay 30 euro for a phone as your 'daily driver', you'll get what you pay for.

That seems odd.
    I have had the Samsung S1,the Huawei G300 and the Smart 3 as phones and all have been good servants and if I am honest the Smart 3 has been the best performer,never an ounce of trouble out of it .

I use the phone for basic enough uses as I have desktops/laptops/tablets for more productive work but I dont notice any lag on the Smart 3 ,perhaps you have some demanding apps running in the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Got this for my Mam for Christmas and she only opened the box today!

She's using it for QuizUp!

Great little phone!

Advertisement