Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

210Lt Waterbutt €39.99

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

35 euro if you know who to speak to in Grange.
    Bought a good few of them last month.
    I also got in several wall mounted 170 litre water butt kits from the UK,as I wanted to mount the water butts up on the wall and side of my porch and sidewall of my house.Couldnt find them here in Ireland so I went to the UK for them instead.They are only 10 inches in depth out off off the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

I heard that about Grange alright, but I'd a knarky 5 year old with me, along with trying carry other stuff I was buying, that I completely forgot to ask!

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

flanzer wrote: »
    I heard that about Grange alright, but I'd a knarky 5 year old with me, along with trying carry other stuff I was buying, that I completely forgot to ask!
    I know the feeling,kids hanging out of you and you go in for 1 item and you end up comming out with about 10 items instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

flanzer wrote: »
    Bought one of these in Grange Builders Providers, Baldoyle today.

Cheapest I've ever seen at this capacity

http://www.grange.ie/builders-providers/210lt_waterbutt_with_diverter_kit_and_stand?keyword=waterbutt&category_id=0

I saw a few of these in aldi in mallow this afternoon also 39.99

the wall mounted sound great any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

35 euro if you know who to speak to in Grange

Who would that be? Are they open to a haggle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

Your local garden center should sell these much cheaper than this.
    I bought a 240L one in the Garden center near Donabate a couple of months ago for €24.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Dredd_J wrote: »
    Your local garden center should sell these much cheaper than this.
    I bought a 240L one in the Garden center near Donabate a couple of months ago for €24.99

Should've posted that in BA then. You got a hell of good deal there.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Should've posted that in BA then. You got a hell of good deal there.

Im pretty sure they are still there. They were two weeks ago anyway. I'll be passing by there in the next couple of weeks, i'll drop in and have a look. But I dont consider that a bargain. They are normal prices for water butts. Yoou can get them even cheaper if you go up the north, but for a few euro is it worth the trip. I have seen similar water butts over the last few years at similar prices almost everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 greenfingerz

for anyone who cannot make it to grange builders providers or 1 of the diy superstore,you can buy a complete 190 litre water butt kit for 40 euro from your local county councils green recycling centres.they are green in colour and are a good sturdy kit too.
    aldi also sell 210 litre water butt kits every 3-4 months or so for 40 euro.these tend to sell out quite quickly so you need to be quick off the mark when aldi get them in.theres still a few 210 litre water butt kits floating around some of the aldi stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not all Co Co's have them unfortunately

• Advertisement

hi the only real garden centre in or near donabate is jones garden centre and i know both the owner and manager rather well,good friends of mine actually.it seems you are getting quite mixed up as jones never sold a 240 litre water butt kit and never sold it for 25 euro.they did sell a 100 litre slimline water butt kit for 26 euro as a sale event along with certain other gardening tools and small plastic greenhouse kits.but they have never sold a 210 water butt kit or a 240 litre for 25 euro.
    theres also the small garden nursery on the main large roundabout just before the turn for jones garden centre.they dont sell water butt kits and never have actually.and the only other garden centre in that area is the small back yard garden centre that is just up past nad at blakes cross.again they dont sell water butt kits and never have.they do sell some lovely native irish trees,plants,fruit canes and flowers,and they sell some compost and manure too but no rainwater butts.
    so no other garden centre sells 210 litre water butt kits for 25 euro.not a hope in hell of any garden centre selling 210 litre kits at that price,as they would be selling them at quite a loss .
    so on that basis i think you are getting quite mixed up and misleading people here too.

Actually, you are right about Jones. I checked with the wife last night. Jones was the one we went into first and it turned out to be twice as expensive for any plants etc than the other place we went to. Its about 1km on the other side of the M1 from Jones garden center.

I still cant remember the name of the place (Magillstown comes to mind) but its where the Butterfly farm used to be. Run by a lovely husband and wife who are really helpful. Basically any plants or shrubs you can buy in Jones, will cost you half the price in this place and are as good, if not better, quality than Jones. They have some nice animals there to look at two while the wife is looking for plants. And if you dont see the water butt you want outside he will order it for you. That goes for any garden equipment i would guess.

The place beats Jones for price by a country mile. Highly recommended if you are looking for plants and shrubs. Id put it down as a bargain alert on its own if I could remember what its called. When you see what you buy for your money in there compared to Jones you wont be going back to Jones again for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What kind of time would it take for one to fill, say on a semi detached house using the downpipe from the roof? From the rain that fell in the last week would that fill it or are you talking weeks to fill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

From the heavy intermittent showers today, mine is about 1/4 full. I'm running it off the down pipe from the roof of a semi-d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

What kind of time would it take for one to fill, say on a semi detached house using the downpipe from the roof? From the rain that fell in the last week would that fill it or are you talking weeks to fill?

I put my 210 litre in place 15:00 saturday

By the time I came home from Golf at 15:00 Sunday, it was full

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sweet sounds like a worthwhile addition.

One other question, when it is full does some valve close so that the water returns to the downpipe or do you need to manually disconnect it to stop them overflowing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sweet sounds like a worthwhile addition.

One other question, when it is full does some valve close so that the water returns to the downpipe or do you need to manually disconnect it to stop them overflowing?

there is a diverter that once the butt is full, contiues to send the water down the normal pipe

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement