Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps - Down Survey and 6 inch

Options
  • 28-05-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Anyone working with maps?

I need to get some plates from the 1841 6 inch, and will need reproduction rights. I remember looking at the laminated plates in the gluckman about two years ago, and definately remember being shown a digitized and searchable version of the down survey.

Anyone know if these are publicly available? I tried contacting OSI today but no answer. Also, anyone that may have used either sources, do OSI still own the copyright to both?

And while I'm here - anyone know the enumeration units for Griffiths Valuation? As in are individual tenants' townland or barony details recorded? I'm assuming the national libraries digital version is copywritten also.

Many thanks!

Advertisement