Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving payments into PayPal account - limit on number?

Options
  • 09-10-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭

I may want to receive a small payment from each of maybe 50-60 people.

10-12-15 euro each.

I don't really want to be handling cash.

I have set up a personal PayPal account, as the marketing suggests that payments can be received into the account from others.

Now, after I set up the account, I see that there is a limit on Request Money, a limit of 20 people.

I don't know much about PayPal, so I welcome any advice.

Is it that Paypal want me to set up a business account, and charge me?

Also, I don't really want to make 50 individual requests for payment by typing 50 e-mail addresses into PayPal, is there a way around this?

Thank you so much

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just tell people your PayPal email address and make sure they send it as friends and family, otherwise you will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

To use Friends & Family everyone will have to have their own PayPal account. You can't just 'pay through PayPal', it has to be an account.

If PayPal flag the transactions as not being genuine Family & Friends transactions they may not reimburse the transactions. You will have agreed to this when you accept their User Agreement.

What you are looking for is not really something that can be done for free, not for free and without risk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Simply copy and paste all emails into a document, then copy all the emails and paste into PayPal

Or if it's a one off, do a cc email, then when all the emails are in the cc or bcc box, copy this and paste into PayPal, then either send email about the payment or delete it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks everybody.

Many people paid me the amount, with no fees.

Others paid me, and there were fees (which I don't mind too much).

It seems to be 3.4% + 35c.

I suspect some people treated me as a seller of goods, others treated me as a "friend/family"?

I am actually selling a small item.

I have another query, sorry.

A few payments are "on hold", since 13-Oct.

Why some were paid straight away, and others on-hold, I don't know.

It's not obvious what happens next?

It says: "You have successfully updated order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification."

Do the buyers have to indicate to Paypal that they received the item?

Thanks.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Likely you have a new account, all the info is on the PayPal website

Yes, I am new to all of this.

This is what the Paypal Help page says, so it seems I just wait 21 days?

My payment is on hold. Why is this happening?
    If your payment is on hold or not available right away, we’ll notify you via email.

Why is the money in my pending balance rather than in my available balance?

Your payment may be placed on hold in your pending PayPal balance because:
    The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern
    Your account was inactive for a while
    We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction
    You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers
    We noticed you only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is quite short.

When will I have access to my funds?

If there aren't any issues with your transaction, such as a customer filing a dispute, the payment will move to your available balance with 21 days of receipt.

How can I get access to my funds faster?

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:

Pending payments are generally released one day after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
    Buyers can also confirm that they have received the item, which will release the payment immediately.
    If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report any issues with the transaction.
    To help ensure a successful transaction, we always encourage sellers to adhere to the following best practices:
    List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
    Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
    Ship promptly
    Upload tracking
    Define your return policy upfront
    Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
    Review all communications from PayPal

• Advertisement

Thanks.

So I wait 21 days, ok.

Maybe half did use Revolut, and yes that is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ... and the buyers have 180 days to which they can claim the money back unless you have proof of delivery
    If they used 'friend & family' they have no comeback.

There have been a number of scams using F&F and Paypal are clamping down in it. It's possibly the reason for some transactions being held back.

Revolut will rocket here when they can issue IE IBANS and will hopefully set the bar for our own banks apps.

Thank you all.

Advertisement