Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martinville Nursing home, 23 Corrig Avenue, Dun Laoghaire ?

Options
  • 18-03-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on where i could get historical information on the old Martinville Nursing home at 23 Corrig Avenue in Dun Laoghaire. My birth mother (who I never met) lived and worked there in the period around 1967. It has since closed and is just a private house now. I'm particularly interested in trying to find any old photos of it, or any just of Corrig Avenue in the late 1960s.

I'd love to hear from anyone that might have remembered the place, maybe visiting there. I know it was run by a Mrs Kiely, but she has passed away many years ago.
    Thanks very much if anyone has any suggestions. I am going to try dun Laoghaire library next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 odkenned

Hello!
    Just saw your message now.

I think Councillor Cormac Devlin of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown is a relative of Mrs Kiely who ran Martinville and it maybe worthwhile to make contact with him.
    180567 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on where i could get historical information on the old Martinville Nursing home at 23 Corrig Avenue in Dun Laoghaire. My birth mother (who I never met) lived and worked there in the period around 1967. It has since closed and is just a private house now. I'm particularly interested in trying to find any old photos of it, or any just of Corrig Avenue in the late 1960s.

I'd love to hear from anyone that might have remembered the place, maybe visiting there. I know it was run by a Mrs Kiely, but she has passed away many years ago.
    Thanks very much if anyone has any suggestions. I am going to try dun Laoghaire library next week.

Advertisement