Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuse Box Wire

Options
  • 20-11-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭

Had a slight smell from the fuse box and found that the fuse had somehow come loose and was arching between the fuse end and its contact, there is a loop wire coming from the end of the fuse to another screw connection, I cut the power and took out the fuse and cleaned the contact but I need to replace the small loop wire as the outer plastic cover has melted a bit this connects to the fuse end contact, I turned off all the switches and the wire was dead I'm pretty handy at diy and could I replace this wire myself it looks a very simple repair it looks like one end is soldered to a connection with a hole for the screw that holds it to the fuse and the other end is screwed into a plastic type connection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Had a slight smell from the fuse box and found that the fuse had somehow come loose and was arching between the fuse end and its contact, there is a loop wire coming from the end of the fuse to another screw connection, I cut the power and took out the fuse and cleaned the contact but I need to replace the small loop wire as the outer plastic cover has melted a bit this connects to the fuse end contact, I turned off all the switches and the wire was dead I'm pretty handy at diy and could I replace this wire myself it looks a very simple repair it looks like one end is soldered to a connection with a hole for the screw that holds it to the fuse and the other end is screwed into a plastic type connection
    This hurt my eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Ok I will get an Electrician to carry out the repair for me. Hint taken

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

Storm 10 wrote: »

Storm,
    Sorry I cannot help. This sounds like a situation to get someone else with definite electrical skills to assist with.
    Not something, I would think, to be left for too long..
    Sorry for no immediate solution

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fire hazard!
    Turn off main switch and get a qualified electrician/ REC to look at this as a matter of urgency.

Advertisement