Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm motion sensor issue

Options
  • 12-11-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi there I am just after getting a wireless hkc alarm fitted.

The motion sensor was set to high and time my tea cup dogs walk up the stairs the alarm go's off if the alarm is armed.

I have asked the company that fit to come out and fix it since last week and no luck with them. Cowboys I tell you.

So I am wondering how do I make the motion sensor less sentive? Is there a way of doing it on the panal?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

Hi there I am just after getting a wireless hkc alarm fitted.

The motion sensor was set to high and time my tea cup dogs walk up the stairs the alarm go's off if the alarm is armed.

I have asked the company that fit to come out and fix it since last week and no luck with them. Cowboys I tell you.

So I am wondering how do I make the motion sensor less sentive? Is there a way of doing it on the panal?

Thank you

You could inhibit it, just a simple matter of entering your code followed by * ( then the zone number of that beam ) followed by the Yes button.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

What do mean by your code?

Is this the my code to turn on and off the alarm?

Or is it something else?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

What do mean by your code?

Is this the my code to turn on and off the alarm?

Or is it something else?

Thank you

Yes, the one you use to switch on/ off the system

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

When your alarm sounds, on the panel it will identify which zone was set off (for example zone 4).
    When you set your alarm at night you should inhibit/disable that internal zone as you or your dogs may set it off.
    Your perimeter zones should be sufficient.
    You would inhibit zone 4 by pressing xxxx*4 enter (where xxxx is your alarm code)
    John

Advertisement