Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Northern Ireland Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Glenman wrote: »
    What time is Ken playing tonight? Will that be on Eurosport?

Not sure exactly. May depend at what time match before finishes. Dont think it will be eurosport match though. They'll show trump first and then o'sullivan, assuming latter wins this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Cracking result for Ken, he’ll eat Mark Selby tonight in this form! Shame it won’t be on tv.

Disappointed for Fergal, beaten 4-2 by Hawkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Not sure exactly. May depend at what time match before finishes. Dont think it will be eurosport match though. They'll show trump first and then o'sullivan, assuming latter wins this afternoon.

He might be on the Eurosport Player if he's on in the 2nd tranche this evening, particularly if he's playing Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I wonder if these things are set in stone. 2 former world champions might be enough to get centre take.

But to be fair Selby can be bad to watch.

zuutroy wrote: »
    He might be on the Eurosport Player if he's on in the 2nd tranche this evening, particularly if he's playing Selby.

Possibility, toss up between that and murphy v Hawkins i guess. Selby behind against brecel at moment.

Ronnie v sijun an interesting match. Dont see ronnie winning on this afternoon showing. Very patchy, carrington loads of chances but couldnt take them.

• Advertisement

Good shout on ken. Match will be streamed on the eurosport player after all.

Ursenbacher the dark horse against Joe Perry. Already disposed of Bingham and Mark Allen.

Selby over 6 minutes to play a shot. 66 points ahead in frame. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

He wasn't even in any trouble. No wonder people hate watching him play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Totally stupid. Ronnie making 147s quicker.... Zzzzzz. I'd say wpbsa will pull him up for it.

I remember dean Reynolds being told by the referee to hurry up about 30 years ago.... Poor dean was in bits after it.....

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »

Thats the thing. There were any number of shots he could have played, hard to know what all the head scratching was about. I do like selby, he can be fluent most of the time but then the like of that nonsense for no good reason i can think of at all. Perplexing.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Totally stupid. Ronnie making 147s quicker.... Zzzzzz. I'd say wpbsa will pull him up for it.

I remember dean Reynolds being told by the referee to hurry up about 30 years ago.... Poor dean was in bits after it.....

The one i remember is fergal being told to speed it up during a world cup match against Scotland, apparently because the tv coverage was about to stop. Himself and ken were absolutely livid about it. I dont know what powers referees really have but i never see or hear of anything being done anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

O'Sullivan at his imperious best here against Murphy. Cueing so smoothly. Shaun looks lost as he so often does against Ronnie. O'Sullivan continuing his policy of going for pretty much everything which makes for good viewing. Must win frame for Murphy here. If it goes 4-0 it's goodnight!

Like where does this come from when he's scraping by and losing to guys near the bottom of the rankings?!

Murphy should have punished him there. But does feel like ronnie moved up a gear tonight, still another gear to go yet i think.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Like where does this come from when he's scraping by and losing to guys near the bottom of the rankings?!
    Motivation. He just can't get himself up for the early round matches. He generally still gets through because his opponents give up so many chances.

Christ Murphy wilts against him. Pathetic at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Beautiful black in and out of baulk by Trump to win the second last frame. Never looked back after that and into the final. Another match with Ronnie would be a tasty conclusion to the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Heading up to the final tomorrow. What a match it will be if Ronnie can get through this evening. Excited to see the current World Champion as it is. That black today was just sensational. Itll be a slow day in work on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

What a fluke to cut in the yellow while snookered and land on the green, to give Ronnie a 2-0 lead.

Ronnie in no safety mode again tonight, zero respect for opponent.

What a fluke to cut in the yellow while snookered and land on the green, to give Ronnie a 2-0 lead.
    Unbelievable. One of the most outrageous flukes I've ever seen. Poor Joe!

Ronnie makes it 3-0. Too easy so far. Perry missing too much. Ronnie looking good to be back in his hotel room in time for the nine o'clock news.

Quest’s coverage finishes at 9, finish him Ronnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Heading up to the final tomorrow. What a match it will be if Ronnie can get through this evening. Excited to see the current World Champion as it is. That black today was just sensational. Itll be a slow day in work on Monday.

Oh my days. Gonna be like a child at Christmas heading to Belfast tomorrow. Ronnie in this mood, Trump in this form. Potential to be a classic. Really feel sorry for Perry but he never got going and gave up way too much.

Crowd was very boisterous there tonight, should be a good atmosphere tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Dante7 wrote: »

I do struggle to watch him. I mean he can be ok when he’s in form and in a big game like a semi/final. But, like, 6minutes, fcuk sake.

You’d want to be a real purist to enjoy watching him most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I do struggle to watch him. I mean he can be ok when he’s in form and in a big game like a semi/final. But, like, 6minutes, fcuk sake.

You’d want to be a real purist to enjoy watching him most of the time.

He's a strange one. Off the table, he's actually a very funny and entertaining bloke. He's known as the Jester from Leicester due to his excellent sense of humour. But on the table, he is just boring. John Higgins has been described as boring, but I have no problem watching his clinical matchplay. Selby is always just boring, snooker by numbers for me.

• Advertisement

Trump at 4/5 is surely the value tomorrow. Not sure Ronnie's head is fully right to take him on over best of 17.

Advertisement