Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaybo has left the building. Liveline 08/11/2019 to date.

Options

Comments

This is the podcast of Callan’s Kicks which is compulsory listening for us here boardsies:

https://podbay.fm/podcast/632123130

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The emperor follows some of us boardsies here :
    ;)

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is the podcast of Callan’s Kicks which is compulsory listening for us here boardsies:

Enjoyed that. Thanks Cat...:)

Enjoyed that. Thanks Cat...:)

Loved de buke suggestion for Duffster:

“Children of the Toy Show”

Ironically that would actually make for fairly interesting reading for the ordinary punter, akin to “what happened next”.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is there a particular segment that's good or is it the whole show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is there a particular segment that's good or is it the whole show?

TBH I enjoyed the whole thing. It's a long time since I did.

TBH I enjoyed the whole thing. It's a long time since I did.

Sound. Going driving tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sound. Going driving tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

Oliver makes the point of Duffy placing himself as a VIF of Gaybo :)

‘Twas very good, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Is that typo? VIF? VFI, so to speak. Had good times with certain people of the VFI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Thanks for that. :)

Loved de buke suggestion for Duffster:

“Children of the Toy Show”

Ironically that would actually make for fairly interesting reading for the ordinary punter, akin to “what happened next”.

But we already have a “wat happened next” show......dat doesn’t actually tell us wat happened next but simply retells de story of wat happened on de show whilst attempting to make de occasional host look like a hero. Do we need another, other than to promote a new buke?

Mr. Callan should be thanking us for writing half of his Mr. Duffy material for him. I’m not asking for a monetary reward, a simple mention of “de internet trolls” Or “boards dot EYE ee” Would suffice. ;)

With The Sunday Times now suing John Delaney will Mr. Duffy once ask “hasn’t he suffered enough?” when one of our betters has a fall from grace so to speak? It’s great how Mr. Duffy uses his own wurkin class roots as de prism through which to judge our betters. :rolleyes: This is whoy he is a true man o de peeple.

Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Pat Hickey, and Ivan Calorie are amongst those other true patriots who have been wronged and suffered so to speak.

494910.jpg

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Is that typo? VIF? VFI, so to speak. Had good times with certain people of the VFI.

Very Important Friend, almost Mourner in Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Callans thing is good, most of the voice work is spot on and he does bite the hand that feeds... but it seems to miss something. Maybe he needs to attack de peeple themselves. We are ultimately responsible for all the showers we complain about:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Zird

Gayb0 retired from the daily radio show very young by today's standards at 64. Joe Duffy is 64 next year.

Zird wrote: »
    Gay retired from the daily radio show very young by today's standards at 64. Joe Duffy is 64 next year.

Gay worked far, far harder than Duffy. He put a huge amount of extra work into his broadcasting, perfecting his delivery. Different league to Duffy.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    Callans thing is good, most of the voice work is spot on and he does bite the hand that feeds... but it seems to miss something. Maybe he needs to attack de peeple themselves. We are ultimately responsible for all the showers we complain about:pac:

You mean a bit of Duffy trolling callers he doesn’t like, so to speak?

You mean a bit of Duffy trolling callers he doesn’t like, so to speak?

Losing the rag completely would be good.

Nice little dig-een at all of the “stars” being represented by Noel Kelly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

If they do strike, Comrade Joe will be out in soladaradee with his brothers and sisters. An assistant will be holding his plaque(ard).

No doubt Oliver Callan will sadly be dropped with the cutbacks, so he will want to throw some major dynamite in the direction of RTE. Likewise the organisation will not be inviting Joe Brolly on any time too soon, with his cutting criticism of it and D4bes.

Of course the major rival station may broadcast Callan’s satire with gay abandon, now that would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Speaking of satire I'm watching stop search seize on pick. About Irish excise&customs. I can't believe that Dermot guy in Shannon is real. I could swear it's satire missed it 1st time round on rte

Speaking of satire I'm watching stop search seize on pick. About Irish excise&customs. I can't believe that Dermot guy in Shannon is real. I could swear it's satire missed it 1st time round on rte

Missed that. Sounds like a typical Lahvlahn caller.

When I was de Yew Ess Ay last week there was an ad on wan channel for "Dublin Murders" so to speak. Surprised they were showing it already in 'Merica.

• Advertisement

Did you see your man Bruce in Dublin airport? I'm Surprised nobody's ever rang Joe about him.
    "He's a disgrace Joe. He's worse than Hitler.
    Bad line caller. Back after these.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement