Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher crackling noise.

Options
  • 28-10-2019 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Our whirlpool dishwasher is making a strange crackling noise when it is filling with water.
    The noise is worst as the machine fills at the start of the cycle, and returns but is less noticeable later on in the cycle.
    Machine is approx 2 years old.

Thanks for reading
    Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

I have a whirlpool dishwasher and it also makes a crackling type of a sound when it fills up, I think it is the water flowing in during the start of the cycle, the sound appears to be where the water is flowing through the filter at the bottom.

My machine is about 12 years old and have had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

I have a whirlpool dishwasher and it also makes a crackling type of a sound when it fills up, I think it is the water flowing in during the start of the cycle, the sound appears to be where the water is flowing through the filter at the bottom.

My machine is about 12 years old and have had no issues.

Thanks for your reply. It’s a thing that wouldn’t really bother me except that it only started recently and is loud enough that it can’t be ignored/must be an issue. That said the machine seems to be doing its job just fine.

Advertisement