Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live-in childminder

Options
  • 28-10-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice here but does anyone know if live-in childminders are a thing? I have three kids in primary school and a spare room and need a childminder 7am-9am and 3pm-6pm every second week and was wondering if offering a rent free room would be something feasible?
    I am a separated dad and not sure if that would be detrimental to the request too.

Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

So you are looking for an au pair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

So you are looking for an au pair ?

Honestly dont know what I'm looking for. Would an au pair be an option? I thought that's more of an exchange student kind of thing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

smokingman wrote: »
    Honestly dont know what I'm looking for. Would an au pair be an option? I thought that's more of an exchange student kind of thing no?
    There are plenty of au pair/nannies/childminders around and some do multiple families. I'd imagine you'd have to pay for the au pair all the time, even in a week where s/he wasn't required.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

If you are near a city, I would look for a student who would be able to work around the hours you need them. Someone who works nights or does shift work might also be an option. Rent free accommodation for Circa 50 hours a month would definitely appeal to some. Make sure you get references etc if you do go down this route.

Advertisement