Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1/16 scale R/C Tanks

Options
  • 25-10-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, received a request from the O/H for a model tank for Christmas preferably tiger or russian.

Any advice / pointers??

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

Marks models. Bricks & mortar shop in dublin, Cork as well as online.
    Paying a visit to a bricks and mortar shop might be more elightening.

If you're anywhere close to Ennis, I believe there's a hobby shop there which is the only option on the western sea oard. Might be worth a look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Big question:
    Is he a model maker ....

There are three main kings.
    A) A kit to make into a static display model, usually total fidelity to replicate the actual tank. Parts, glues, paint it up, decal stickers of insignia to put on, etc. Most of these are all plastic.
    B) A less accurate kit to make into a model that takes radio controls and motors inside to be a working model, less accurate eg few antenna aerials sticking out to get broken off during use and so on.
    C) Ready to go pre-assembled RC model ready to stick batteries in and use.

Best entertainment comes from getting the thing that suits him. eg for me I really enjoy the making process, and give them away after I've made it and used it a few times to prove it works. So naturally I want plans, instructions, parts etc.
    But not everybody wants to build it. Most want it half or fully built.

Try the Tamiya website and the J Perkins Distribution site for ideas that can be located from many outlets.
    https://www.tamiya.de/en/home/
    http://www.jperkins.com//

PS There's or used to be a place in Ennis specialized in helicopters but should have other lines too. Might be worth a call. Also I can endorse the previous suggestion for Marks Models.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement