Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casio MTG v Casio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

It's just the branding of a product line/family, like mudman, gravity master etc. It stands for Metal Twisted.

Currently it's applied to higher end G-Shocks made in Japan. Most G-Shocks nowadays are made in Thailand or China. In the past (or other markets) there have been some fairly cheap MT-Gs so it's not a super consistent branding. There are MIJ G-Shocks not branded MT-G, it's just one product line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAhEWSnieY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They are cool, but getting so expensive that you'd be worried about damaging it. Beauty of the €80 g-shock is it's indestructible and cheap enough to not worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Cienciano wrote: »
    They are cool, but getting so expensive that you'd be worried about damaging it. Beauty of the €80 g-shock is it's indestructible and cheap enough to not worry about it

Agree at the rrp ( I paid 400) it's on par with some of the lesser Swiss brands in price. I wouldn't be doing too much manual work with it on tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

A g-shocks should be under €200 anymore and its taking away what I like about the GSs. How cheap and versatile they are. Extremely robust & you can wear them with any outfit. I have worn mine with a 3 piece suit because I was rushing out of the house to a wedding and left my dressy watch behind me (which it took me 20minutes to pick out). Luckily I had the G-Shock in the car and it actually went very well with it. (I thought so at least)

Top tip: always have a cheap watch in your cars glove box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

2shea wrote: »
    A g-shocks should be under €200 anymore and its taking away what I like about the GSs. How cheap and versatile they are. Extremely robust & you can wear them with any outfit. I have worn mine with a 3 piece suit because I was rushing out of the house to a wedding and left my dressy watch behind me (which it took me 20minutes to pick out). Luckily I had the G-Shock in the car and it actually went very well with it. (I thought so at least)

Top tip: always have a cheap watch in your cars glove box.

Top tip, never, EVER, wear a G-shock with a suit :D It's wrong on so many levels!

I'd compare it to going to a wedding wearing a 3 piece suit and a pair of hiking boots. You just wouldn't do it!

Some nice photos and details of the Yamagata factory:
    https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g-shock-watch-headquarters-visit-made-japan-cool-fun/
    2shea wrote: »
    A g-shocks should be under €200 anymore and its taking away what I like about the GSs. How cheap and versatile they are.
    The existence of some premium models shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the cheaper ones. Most of the line-up is under €200 so cheap ones are not going anywhere.
    Top tip, never, EVER, wear a G-shock with a suit biggrin.png It's wrong on so many levels!

I'd compare it to going to a wedding wearing a 3 piece suit and a pair of hiking boots. You just wouldn't do it!
    There was a time when the 'rule' was that men shouldn't wear wrist-watches, at all ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

There was a time when the 'rule' was that men shouldn't wear wrist-watches, at all ! :pac:

There was a time when it was ok to own a slave. What's your point?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

There was a time when it was ok to own a slave. What's your point?:D

Shots fired :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Will there ever be a time to wear a G-Shock with a suit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A wing suit or space suit maybe? :D

Ah wear what you like but I'd be concerned that a chunky g-shock wouldn't fit under the shirt/suit cuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭FlicFlak

I was at a wedding at the weekend and wore an all black suit, black suit, black waistcoat and black shirt but i also wore my black MT-G-s1000v-1aer and it looked perfectly complimentary with it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Are you Diego Simeone?

Advertisement