Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare parts - old Aria Pro II

Options
  • 22-10-2019 8:54pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I've an Aria Pro II XR series guitar, originally built in the 80s I'd say, nothing special but I've owned it for donkeys years and I like it.
    It's got a locking tremolo system, not a floyd rose, I imagine it's Aria's own version, but one of the screws at the bridge for fine tuning has a damaged thread and I can no longer fine tune it :(
    Anyone ever come across spare parts, or would Music Maker or anywhere like that in Dublin be able to help?
    General internet searches not bringing up much luck, and dropped in to my local shop in Limerick, but they had nothing similar either.
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How damaged is the thread? Could you possibly ask a friendly local engineer to recut it for you?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Screw is bent as well so not sure a re thread would do it, but always an option, ta :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Other option is to see if the screw is the thread as another fine tuner from Floyd rose or something similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Buy another one from eBay or similar Adverts etc. and strip it for parts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

beauf wrote: »
    Buy another one from eBay or similar Adverts etc. and strip it for parts.

Wife: Why the hell are you looking at buying yet another guitar?
    Me: Need a tiny screw from it
    Wife: OK, fair enough, seems legit.

• Advertisement

This is why people buy guitars all the same colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'd be fairly sure it's not a guitar specific screw. It will be a general engineering part that was used in the mfgr the guitar/bridge.

This will open up a whole world of places to find it, ie. engineers suppliers, fasteners suppliers etc.

Being able to id the screw is the key. It will be metric (Jap) for a start and prob a std metric thread so really just the diameter and type of screw (grub,flat etc) is needed. A pic of screw with ruler/scale would help.

Oh for sure.

It's just an option. I remember when the shops were full of these arias. Real blast from the past.

Thanks folks, it's a 3mm counter sunk (but not a grub) screw. Local hardware store don't appear to have
    It's kind of wedged into the saddle piece as well, need to get the wd 40 to it but a busy week means I haven't looked at it properly.
    Also thinking that as the threads are damaged maybe a tap and die set to rethread might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Can you post a pic?

• Advertisement

Meant to do it last night, not top quality....

493694.jpg

Advertisement