Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Please quote rule 1'...?

• 28-06-2017 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I changed the split in tax credits and cut off points between myself and my spouse recently through ROS, when I logged in today to check if they had gone through I received the following message:

'We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote rule 1.'

I have already submitted a request through the 'myEnquires' (sic) section, but any clue as to what 'Rule 1' is....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

CiboC wrote: »
    I changed the split in tax credits and cut off points between myself and my spouse recently through ROS, when I logged in today to check if they had gone through I received the following message:

'We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote rule 1.'

I have already submitted a request through the 'myEnquires' (sic) section, but any clue as to what 'Rule 1' is....?

Sounds like the system message needs a bit of finessing... e.g. leaving it out with the "insert text here" bit still in..!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gmgm.cool

I too got the same message in the revenue while applying HTB.
    submitted the query in myEnquiries, still waiting for their response.

Thanks,
    Mallik

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adeo

Also got the 'Please quote rule 1' message while applying for HTB on revenue.ie, has anyone been able to solve this issue? Do l have to call the revenue office?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gmgm.cool

Call Revenue Technical department, they may solve your problem. (it could be adding your spouse into your details or other thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Rule 1: "Cover your arse!"

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Got the “rule number 1” message this evening.
    How did you all get on with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adeo

You can notify revenue using 'My Enquiries' on your account page. It took the revenue office almost two weeks before mine was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loose smoke

CiboC wrote: »

How did u get on I received same message today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

How did u get on I received same message today

See page 16 of this guide for blocking rules.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-38/38-06-04.pdf#page22

Advertisement