Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Northern Ireland Open

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronnie is carefree, won't change his game to increase his chance to win, plays same way regardless. With a bit of safety in mind he'd do better.
    Ronnie lets him in so so easily, and when in Trump can win frame with one visit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dont think judd ever looked comfortable playing that right handed. He's not a natural two hander like ronnie, if he loses that shot could haunt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No one can clear up so nonchalantly under pressure as Ronnie can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dont think judd ever looked comfortable playing that right handed. He's not a natural two hander like ronnie, if he loses that shot could haunt him.
    Yeah, he'll be absolutely sick if he doesn't win this match. It feels he's playing 10 or maybe 20% better than Ronnie but he just can't shake him off. Huge frame coming up here.

Cant shake him off is right. Great match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

That 135 was majestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I think that's the best £30 I've ever spent. Was sitting just in front of where they made their entrance so have photos with both players. Sensational snooker. Great day out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The **** happened Eurosport? Sound went and they just didn't bother coming back after the break.

dobman88 wrote: »
    I think that's the best £30 I've ever spent. Was sitting just in front of where they made their entrance so have photos with both players. Sensational snooker. Great day out

Stonking value for 30 quid. To see the two best players in the world go head to head like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Lol at Ronnie handing his medal to that lad at the front row, which the commentators said was there all week. Made yer mans week and no big deal to Ronnie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Encouraging to see Ronnie more or less stay with him when he couldn't pot a long ball. If he gets his eye back in I think there's not much between them. Judd's cueball control is a bit sketchy when the pressure is on but it doesn't matter when you can pot everything. Hope to see a couple of more matches between them this season. What's blindingly obvious is how far off the pace everyone else, with the exception of Robertson is.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronnie played Gung-ho snooker early in match, not respecting Trump enough. He let him in so easily to snatch frames, Trump will take those gifted frames all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

zuutroy wrote: »
    Encouraging to see Ronnie more or less stay with him when he couldn't pot a long ball. If he gets his eye back in I think there's not much between them. Judd's cueball control is a bit sketchy when the pressure is on but it doesn't matter when you can pot everything. Hope to see a couple of more matches between them this season. What's blindingly obvious is how far off the pace everyone else, with the exception of Robertson is.
    Yes, no doubt there is a gap now between Trump, Robertson and Ronnie and the rest. The Trump V Robertson and Trump V Ronnie finals over the past couple of weeks have been outstanding.

I know he won last week but robertson remains a distance behind the big two for my money.

The disappointing thing, though, is when you look at betting for UK and after top 3 you then have Higgins and selby. The young players really should be pushing past them by now, everytime i think mark allen might be ready to make a huge leap, he seems to take an instant step backwards. Very strange.

Advertisement