Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hive heating schedule- advise

• 27-10-2019 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

looking for advice on hive heating schedule, with current weather my hive has been firing boiler almost non stop now it would be fine but its located in corridor between kitchen and kitchen corridor, both are quite large and it gets colder downstairs easily specially come night, but bedrooms are roasting.

edit: i can see 6 inputs slots on app but not on hive thermo itself , but a bit confused as some empty slots fill out to be on for 4-6 hours, and for sake of me , if i set 10:00-10:30, then app reverts to some strange timing like 10:30- 12:30 ? as need some heat in the early hours for anyone in family waking up for work, different hours, but once fill out 3 on thermostat slots it gives me end message and thats just for morning :/ ?

while in app i can see empty slots but think if using those empty it basically wants to hog entire slot its off, so seems if its off 13:00-16:00, setting anything has to be almost continuous.

not sure whats the best way to go around as prob would need to relocate hive thermostat upstairs ? to get proper reading, as seems kitchen with outside being 1-4 degrees drops to around 16c, while its grand for kitchen to have heating on if its that low, but upstairs is way to hot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

scamalert wrote: »
    looking for advice on hive heating schedule, with current weather my hive has been firing boiler almost non stop now it would be fine but its located in corridor between kitchen and kitchen corridor, both are quite large and it gets colder downstairs easily specially come night, but bedrooms are roasting.

edit: i can see 6 inputs slots on app but not on hive thermo itself , but a bit confused as some empty slots fill out to be on for 4-6 hours, and for sake of me , if i set 10:00-10:30, then app reverts to some strange timing like 10:30- 12:30 ? as need some heat in the early hours for anyone in family waking up for work, different hours, but once fill out 3 on thermostat slots it gives me end message and thats just for morning :/ ?

while in app i can see empty slots but think if using those empty it basically wants to hog entire slot its off, so seems if its off 13:00-16:00, setting anything has to be almost continuous.

not sure whats the best way to go around as prob would need to relocate hive thermostat upstairs ? to get proper reading, as seems kitchen with outside being 1-4 degrees drops to around 16c, while its grand for kitchen to have heating on if its that low, but upstairs is way to hot.

Should have up to 6 time slots per day which can be set to any temperature for any number of hours per slot. If you don't want the heat coming on at a particular time then set a low temp that won't be reached. I have three slots set for heating, early morning when we are getting up, early evening when due home from work and later on in the evening before going to bed, the other three are basically off unless it gets very cold.

Does the thermostat ever get to the set temperature in the hallway? If not I think I would be moving it or else lowering the temp it reaches in the hallway and trying to find the ideal temp reading in the hallway to have the upstairs comfortable.

Might be easier setting the schedule on the pc through the hivehome website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

thx for reply, i went back to temp based, as found for whatever reason empty slots on app wouldn't register time properly on another 3 empty slots, putting time in, it would revert to different hours end to start :confused: almost seems like it wants to push on until it reaches next slot.

as far as downstairs corridor im still trying to figure average temps, as couple days back left it off overnight to see 14.7c temps.
    And yes it does reach set temps, but more of an issue at night when theres no movement around kitchen.

but if setting 16-17c seems about sweet spot, although if we get proper frost id imagine id need to go lower like 15.5.

that said think placement isnt great so possibly will move it upstairs just need to figure where would be best spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

scamalert wrote: »
    thx for reply, i went back to temp based, as found for whatever reason empty slots on app wouldn't register time properly on another 3 empty slots, putting time in, it would revert to different hours end to start :confused: almost seems like it wants to push on until it reaches next slot.

as far as downstairs corridor im still trying to figure average temps, as couple days back left it off overnight to see 14.7c temps.

but if setting 16-17c seems about sweet spot, although if we get proper frost id imagine id need to go lower like 15.5.

that said think placement isnt great so possibly will move it upstairs just need to figure where would be best spot.

Do you have 'Ready By' enabled on the app. If this is on it will bring the heat on to be 'ready' at the desired time and not just 'on' at the desired time.

yes when i was setting it up it said ready by, guess that could be the issue with timing going haywire ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

what you're not grasping, and I didn't initially, is that the six slots are your whole day, it has to be off the whole time between on if you get me.

So while there's 6 slots, really only 3 of them are for heating and 3 are for off.

On - 6am to 8am
    Off - 8am to 4pm
    On - 4pm to 8pm
    Off - 8pm to 10pm
    On - 10pm to 12am
    Off - 12am to 6am

Off is when you've set the heating at a low temperature that won't be reached.

• Advertisement

Yeah i did realize that its a bit of gimmick thou to say 6 slots when actually its 3, as coming where timer was used seems a bit small amount, but mostly using temp based heating with cold weather hitting daily, id say only mistake when install was done should of opted not to get it drilled into wall, as will need to relocate upstairs to get better management of when heating is needed.

Advertisement