Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heater not working

Options
  • 15-11-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

My storage heater is not storing heat at night and I think it could be because the safety cut-off switch has clicked off. I have watched a few YouTube videos on how to switch it back on but I can not see where the switch is on my model (CXL18N).

Unfortunately, I can't post a post a picture because I'm a new user.

If anyone could point me in the direction of the switch it would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

If you google how to re-set your heater, I think you will find a solution.

Make sure to isolate the electricity supply first from your heater first beforehand.

I thing problems like this are caused by covering the heater, for example to dry an item of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Decorum

Thanks but that was the first thing I did. I was hoping that someone would have some knowledge on that particular model

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Have a search on boards for previous threads
    Have you taken the cover off
    The switch is hard to see without knowing what you’re looking for

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057115667/1/#post88266170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

It will likely be up on the top right near the controls when you remove the cover

Switch off first

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I've search various forums, I've downloading the installer manual and watched you tube tutorials.

My issue is that my model seems to be a little different than others.

I've taken the cover off and had a good fiddle around but can't locate the toggle and I'm hoping that someone who knows this model specifically will know where it's located.

Here is a picture fyi

*(https://)(imagizer).(imageshack).(com/img924/7240/05olY3).(jpg)*

• Advertisement

you'll have to remove the brackets in the link because I'm not allowed to post links for some reason

Yes, I cannot open either the link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Little white bit sticking up, directly above the number 4 in that picture, looks a lot like a cut out Stat. Make sutlre power is off then push down gently on it with a screwdriver til you hear a click

I wonder did it work?

• Advertisement

Actually I think Kramer is correct - sorry for my erroneous suggestion.

Advertisement