Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New case or cooler???

Options
  • 01-11-2016 10:40am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for abit of help with this one.
    Just bought a seidon 120v and it wont fit my case--no 120mm fan mounts in it at all--theyre all 80mm at the rear and top.

Its a decent case that I paid a fortune for a few years back--Lian Li 601 and its served me will through 3 rebuilds.

Decided to try get the old x1055t cpu to 4.0 ghz but the original cooler isn't up to the job.
    Bought the seidon to try get a bit more out of it.

So options are.
    1.New case.
    2.Exchange the Seidon for a evo 212--Its still sealed in the box with my receipt.I could exchange it for the evo 212 and a second fan without spending any more money and have the evo 212 in push/pull.Case has plenty of space for the evo.
    3.Cut a 120mm hole in the case at the top ie make the 80mm exhaust fan into a 120mm but I reckon that's going to be a nightmare as the case is 2 or 3 mm thick aluminium.I could then mount the rad to the top of the case.

So any recommendations??

Whats the evo 212 performance like versus the seidon?
    Will 2 80mm exhaust fans be able to keep up with the evo?
    Oh yeah theres 2 80mm front intake fans at the bottom aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john0272

Not having any 120mm fan mount on a mid-tower is a bit strange.
    Option 3 is definitely a no-go unless you are a modder.
    A new case is probably the best option. You'd have front USB 3 if your motherboard supports it, better airflow etc... And you'll have all that even in a budget case like a corsair 100R. If you need any help choosing a case I'll be glad to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Str4ngeBr3w

#2 for me

Advertisement