Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweeter issue

Options
  • 12-11-2019 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had a pair of Tannoy Mercury M2s that I bought in Richer Sounds over 20 years ago when they had the shop on the quays 8)

And I've loved them, they've been brilliant.

But finally, something is slightly awry. The top end in one of the speakers seems to have died ever so slightly, and it's a little compressed and flat sounding. It's like a 5% decrease in brightness. Enough to be irksome.

Is this a sign of the tweeter dying, or something more simple? Can't imagine it'll be cost effective to replace the tweeter, but might keep an eye out for a second hand one to try.

Failing that, anyone who ever had these speakers and moved on, what was a good replacement?

Advertisement