Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to my first formula 1 gp

Options
  • 02-11-2019 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I would love to go to one of these in the next 12 months! I guess my question is what one is the most cost effective and also is there any advise on attending these events?

Never been to one, so no knowledge on it!

ThankS
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Cost effective and practical - Barcelona, without any doubt. Cheap flights (use Aer Lingus as they land in El Prat, a few minutes outside the city; Ryanair land in Girona, which 100 km away!), tickets usually very accessible, hotels aren't very expensive if you book in advance, transport to and from Montmelo' is super-cheap (something like 2 euro each way) and quite good.

I'd suggest to stay in the city, possibly close to any of the R2 or R8 railway line stations, so you can combine a city trip with the race - although you'll most likely spend most days at the track and be wrecked by the time you hit the shower at the hotel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Barcelona is nice but you might consider Spa also.
    Flight to Brussels.
    The city is walkable and easy to get around.
    Good value hotels in every price range.
    Transport is easy by train from Brussels Central and then local bus.
    The track is legendary and the atmosphere is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

I'm looking to go to my first one next year 2,
    What's the camping like at these?cheaper?
    Was thinking of going to Silverstone but nothing booked yet

Advertisement