Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPT not advertised

Options
  • 05-11-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've just been informed that there is someone working an RPT contract (not major hours though) and it wasn't advertised/interviewed but the person has been in situ since September. It is definitely string pulling - but is this allowed? Anyone ever fight this? I suppose at the end of the day, the job would be advertised and the same person re-interview and be successful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Never heard of it after first Monday in Nov, but the ETB I worked for routinely had schools appoint whoever they wanted in September and then interviewed them the last week before midterm. They always got the job. RPT doesn't have to be formalised until 1st Nov so they got away with it.

Could they have been appointed from a panel from a previous interview for a different position, or moved from another ETB centre? Again. My ETB would have advertised for French for any vacancies that may arise and could have interviewed someone in April and appoint them somewhere the following September. That job would never be specifically advertised and it could appear the person was appointed without interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Never heard of it after first Monday in Nov, but the ETB I worked for routinely had schools appoint whoever they wanted in September and then interviewed them the last week before midterm. They always got the job. RPT doesn't have to be formalised until 1st Nov so they got away with it.

Could they have been appointed from a panel from a previous interview for a different position, or moved from another ETB centre? Again. My ETB would have advertised for French for any vacancies that may arise and could have interviewed someone in April and appoint them somewhere the following September. That job would never be specifically advertised and it could appear the person was appointed without interview.

It's not an ETB school but a religious school with extremely poor management. The person was appointed in September.

Advertisement