Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to sell a coin?

• 06-09-2019 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hope it's okay to ask a question like this here? If not please remove.

I was left a Krugerand (1977) by a relative recently and I was wondering what would be the best way to sell such a thing?

Would ebay be safe option? I've used it a lot but not for anything of that value.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?:)

Thanks,

Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

eBay is quite safe for selling high value coins but you would want to have decided on a secure means of delivery. That said, there doesn't appear to be any krugerrands for auction on the site just BIN which could indicate something.

You could do worse than contacting an auctioneer such as Whyte's of Molesworth Street or John Weldon of Temple Bar. https://collectireland.com/auctions-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rob Humanoid

Del.Monte wrote: »
    eBay is quite safe for selling high value coins but you would want to have decided on a secure means of delivery. That said, there doesn't appear to be any krugerrands for auction on the site just BIN which could indicate something.

You could do worse than contacting an auctioneer such as Whyte's of Molesworth Street or John Weldon of Temple Bar. https://collectireland.com/auctions-2/

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

So, if I did go the ebay route would someone like DHL/UPS be okay, do you think?

Thanks!

R.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

So, if I did go the ebay route would someone like DHL/UPS be okay, do you think?

Thanks!

R.

Probably best to use a courier alright. I have used An Post registered mail before with heavily disguised packages and never had a problem.

Probably best to use a courier alright. I have used An Post registered mail before with heavily disguised packages and never had a problem.

Cool thanks....

If you don't mind me asking, what did you mark down on the package for an post? You know when they ask you for the contents of the package?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Cool thanks....

If you don't mind me asking, what did you mark down on the package for an post? You know when they ask you for the contents of the package?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Off the top of my head I think it was books most times.

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head I think it was books most times.

Nice idea! Thanks... :)

Advertisement