Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Airways - Multicity trip - Checked baggage question?

Options
  • 15-09-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

This is a new one for me in my long line of travels and something I am not sure of.

I will fly from George Best Belfast City Airport to London Heathrow on a multi-city ticket on a late evening flight. The following afternoon I will fly onwards to Lisbon from Heathrow.

I will have checked luggage and I wonder will the checked baggage be checked through to Lisbon despite the overnight stay and 20+ hours in between flights. I would prefer to have my larger checked luggage be checked through to Lisbon than going to retrieve it from the carousel and dragging it to the Underground and heading for my hotel for the night. I'd prefer to know so I could pack accordingly with my overnight stuff in my carryon for the night and change of clothes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It will be checked all the way, it will go into the famous LHR long transfer system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

It will be checked all the way, it will go into the famous LHR long transfer system.

I'm also worried about that as I will be flying out of Lisbon the same night onwards to Southern Brazil. My first time in almost ten years doing an unprotected transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I think you can ask to short check it to pick back up in LHR when connx is over a certain number of hours. Imagine you can ask at check in if you have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You say you have an unprotected transfer, are all your flights on the same booking? If they aren't then you may have issues

Advertisement