Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney meet up 26th March

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey you, more shy, back in your box!

:)

Hope ya do.\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

yay so peer pressure works and we have censorsh!t In, and now I won't let you back out. under threat of burly vegetarians.

please do try bring some friend along, it'll help with the insecurity and make for a better weekend for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Haha last night I tried to convince a friend to come with me. The conversation went a bit like this:

Me: Hey do you wanna come camping with me? Well and the people at the vegetarian forum... would you? will you? please?
    Him: Vegetarian? Oh, they'll hate me!
    Me: No they won't! Besides, booze?
    Him: Hmm... we'll see.

So I think that's a no lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

show her/him here, we don't mind atall, more the merrier :)

If we keep recruiting it looks like we could have 20-30 people going by March. Sweet. we could have out own tent city. I've always wanted to be in a tent city. yea so well done another night. t'will be fun

• Advertisement

Anothernight we have no problem with meat eaters! We all love someone on the darkside :P
    I brought one of my Meateating friends along before. Noone tried to convert her :P

we'll just be naturally awesome and they'll be amazed they'll never touch meat again

</shameless self promotion>

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Wouldn't camping in March be really, really cold? :eek:
    Beer jackets tend to disappear after 5am...

lets go to a hostel so :P

that's why we build a fire.

and we build it while we're sober.....and not inside the tent

we all remember the great camp fire of '06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hey,

helena.ryan mentions in the Vegetarians Abroad thread, on the 8th that there's a little b & b in the middle of nowhere in Kerry, where she got a lovely meat free brekkie the first day but on the second got the same again plus Quorn sozzies! Might be an idea to get details off her/you if you're reading :-)

Just a thought...

Let's camp nearby and buy brekkie...feck it lets stay there and wreck the place :P

smegmar wrote: »
    that's why we build a fire.

and we build it while we're sober.....and not inside the tent

we all remember the great camp fire of '06

If you remember it, then you weren't truely there....;)

Ha, it was silly of me to even question it. You veggies have alarming stamina!

**coughs** Louder!

says fast walk champion 2k9!!

Hee hee...

It still tickles me to have been thought of as a fast walker. I have been told by several people that I shuffle like a penguin.

I don't know how ye get anywhere. Must take hours!

At least ye'll be able to enjoy some long, long, leisurely walks in Killarney :p

If you remember it, then you weren't truely there....;)

ah the greatest rule of all veggie meetups.

yea we do like our outdoor activities. midnight hillwalking, ditch swimming, attempting to climb that mountain behind caomhe's but being way to drunk for it

smegmar wrote: »
    ah the greatest rule of all veggie meetups.
    veggie meetups?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ok a veggie veg-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

****, I dont have a tent!

That's even if I'm going to go....

Don't have a tent either...that never seems to stop us lol. Picked one up after arrival inargos last time.

build it and they will come. I'm sure there will be spare tents. I'm bringing a three man tent and last time I checked I'm not that incredibly obese.

annnd alll of us got drunk in that tent...so tis grand

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not only drunk...very very discombobulated!!:D:D *insert missing scene here* then we all woke up!!

But but but but it'll be fuuuuuuunnnn i hope i can go, i even have a tent and spare sleeping bag:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 spids

feic killarney **** hole plus its full of kerry people their clanish as ****

oh spids what a wonderful person you are.

so I take it you're dying to go and will have a great time there

They Ok we really don't. That is the beauty problem.

How we gonna eat? I get cranky when I'm hungary :(.

WE INTERRUPT THIS FORUM THE BRING YOU BREAKING NEWS:

WE ARE SO GOING TO SEE FUNGI THE DOLPHIN WHILE IN KERRY

that is all. now back to your grumblings

• Advertisement

Here is the updated list of people that are absolutely definitely going, and will not back out no matter what........

Smeg,
    Tar.Ald
    Moonbaby,
    Electro,
    Master of nothing,
    Raah
    maameeo,
    cocoa,
    anothernight,
    Donniescribles,
    Espy,
    lanysmiles,
    Abitar,
    Khrystna
    Abigayle,
    Linguo
    dooferoaks,
    slaphead 07
    Miss lockhart,
    hooplah
    fillefatale,
    Towelie 6971
    schemingbohemia,
    Molberts,
    Kiddynamite
    bedlam,
    taram,
    fairdues,
    hitler's son666
    Getwellsoon
    henryporter
    Lola92,
    Censorsh!t
    Xiney
    and lalee17
    + friends of the aforementioned and any lurkers

list was sourced from everyone that has posted on the veggie forum in the last month or so. If you didn't know you were going......well congratulation you're going!!

it will be an awesome weekend, just ask anyone who has been to the last one in Cork or Galway

Advertisement