Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegetarian forum meetup at Hell*

Options
  • 12-06-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in meeting up at Hell for some Pizza and a hello? This is a small forum and I don't recall ever trying to organise a meet-up in the last few years... With small numbers it's best to pick a date that would suit a few people. So, does 2 weekends time suit anyone, say lunchtime? Sat or Sun? If it doesn't suit, we can try another weekend. I'm just throwing it out there. Or of course, we could spontaneously do it this weekend, but I'd guess that's too short notice.

Myself and Tar.Aldarion will be there :)

See: https://hell.ie/ to see what kind of veggie pizzas they do :) Plus, they are happy to remove or add toppings as you please, with no extra cost, so get thinking!

When suits you for a meet-up? 3 votes

Saturday 27th June
    0% 0 votes
    Sunday 28th June
    100% 3 votes
    Anytime suits me!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hell yeah!

(Sorry, had to be done).

Weekend of the 27th/28th? Depending on times, etc., why, yup, I am.
    Won't know for defo till closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I guess it would be around 2pm. It's a small enough venue, so just in case it's busy at lunch, we can avoid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I should be able to make it that weekend, where is this "hell" place? lol

I'll come :)

I also need directions, using public houses as landmarks instead of street names please.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moonbaby wrote: »

I also need directions, using public houses as landmarks instead of street names please.
    It's next door to Shine.

• Advertisement

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/whelans_map.html If you are walking from Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, walk along with the park on your left, then you take a right and walk down the road with trees on either side (Cuffe Street). At the traffic lights/intersection go left (onto Wexford Street) and Hell is on the right hand side of the road, and a few more shops down is Whelans :)

Or where location "A" is in the google map http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=whelans&near=Dublin,+Dublin&fb=1&split=1&gl=ie&ei=cXQyStyMAoLSjAffnfj6Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=4

There must be better maps :)

It's a short walk from Stephens Green. You'd be there in 5 min.

I know where that is but here's an idea , if enough ppl go and aren't sure the location we could all meet at stephens green and walk up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

ooh id love to go, these pizzas sound amazing!!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose I'll go cos it said it in the first post.

jape wrote: »
    I know where that is but here's an idea , if enough ppl go and aren't sure the location we could all meet at stephens green and walk up?

Yes, good idea :) we could meet outside the main gates to the Stephen's Green. It better not be raining...

• Advertisement

hehe, i just noticed this... *Vetegarian forum meetup at Hell*

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

maameeo wrote: »
    hehe, i just noticed this... *Vetegarian forum meetup at Hell*
    ...for our sins.

The flesh eating zombies carnivores shall have a field day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Moonbaby wrote: »

You know The Cornerstone, now Shine? Its a few doors up towards Whelan's:) . And i might be able to show up if i dont have a hurling game on the chosen day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Haha, so we're all vetegarians now?

I'm not sure how busy or non-busy I'll be in 2 weeks time but I'll try my best to make it :)

-lala- wrote: »
    Haha, so we're all vetegarians now?

I'm not sure how busy or non-busy I'll be in 2 weeks time but I'll try my best to make it :)

LOL! I did not notice this until now!! Ha! But sure you all knew what I was on about :D

LOL! I did not notice this until now!! Ha! But sure you all knew what I was on about :D

you mean this isnt the Vetegarian forum????! ive been in the wrong place the whole time! :P

maameeo wrote: »
    you mean this isnt the Vetegarian forum????! ive been in the wrong place the whole time! :P

*sigh* I suppose all we can do at a time like this is eat some vetegables. I might have some topatoes with them too.

LMAO!!!!!
    deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I don't think I've ever had a meal where there's another vegetarian, let alone all vegetarians. No awkward looks, no questions, no "freak" comments?!

Sounds good, hope to make it if I can!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had a meal where there's another vegetarian, let alone all vegetarians. No awkward looks, no questions, no "freak" comments?!

Sounds good, hope to make it if I can!
    I think you are the person I showed to a boards beers so I will have to show you again?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I think you are the person I showed to a boards beers so I will have to show you again?! :p

Ha ha I know, you were so good, think I'll be okay this time, vegetarians don't scare me as much as meat eating Boardsies ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well i've only ever met 2 other veggies myself, would be nice to meet more heh:)

I'll know closer to that weekend if i've got a match to keep me away:( or not:D

Currently eye-ing up the Purgatory pizza with no onions:D

I just like corn cheese and mushrooms, mmmmmmmm

A sinister pizza with no jalapenos for me :)

I'll have a slice of everyone elses, and be Damned myself. :pac:

Want sweet potato chips too. :)

Master of Nothing you including me in your roll of veggie acquantances?

I have loads of veggie friends. ~shrug~

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Count me in!

Mmmm... Sinister Pizza...

Where can you check the menu online ?

• Advertisement

Advertisement