Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-07-2020, 14:35   #61
Quackster
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,993
Mod: Kerry, ZTest
All I need now is the four-for-€6 Franziskaner offer and I'm laughing!
Quackster is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-07-2020, 14:36   #62
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
I'm presuming it's to 'simplify' refunds. If you bring something back, you'll be refunded the price minus the % discount applied to that specific item.
Nail on the head
OmegaGene is online now  
03-07-2020, 14:38   #63
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
I'm presuming it's to 'simplify' refunds. If you bring something back, you'll be refunded the price minus the % discount applied to that specific item.
Makes sense, hadn't thought of that!
Alun is online now  
03-07-2020, 15:35   #64
Amberjack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 406
Used it in Baldoyle earlier, took a few goes to read the qr code but got there in the end. Happy days and thanks OP for the heads up!
Amberjack is offline  
03-07-2020, 15:49   #65
grimm2005
Registered User
 
grimm2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,812
anyone used these on self service checkouts yet? Not in many of their stores but east wall and moore st both have them, I presume it's like scanning any other item like clubcard in tesco?
grimm2005 is offline  
Advertisement
03-07-2020, 17:09   #66
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,522
OK, I've figured out why I didn't get the discount on the cookies, I bought triple choc chip cookies instead of (the vastly inferior) double choc chip cookies! My mistake after all!
Alun is online now  
(5) thanks from:
03-07-2020, 17:14   #67
xtal191
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun View Post
OK, I've figured out why I didn't get the discount on the cookies, I bought triple choc chip cookies instead of (the vastly inferior) double choc chip cookies! My mistake after all!
Made the same mistake today
xtal191 is online now  
03-07-2020, 17:45   #68
nephster
Registered User
 
nephster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm2005 View Post
anyone used these on self service checkouts yet? Not in many of their stores but east wall and moore st both have them, I presume it's like scanning any other item like clubcard in tesco?
Just found out the hard way in East Wall that the self-service is NOT yet set up, at the end of scanning everything in...
So, had to get everything voided and off to the normal checkout. Some signage to this effect would have been useful.
nephster is offline  
03-07-2020, 18:37   #69
Thargor
Registered User
 
Thargor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,689
Wonder if the electronic receipts in the app will count as a receipt if you try to return something? On the rare times Ive bought dodgy food from Lidl they wont take it back without a receipt, which I never have for food, always do for tools and electronics. Aldi take anything back no questions asked.
Thargor is offline  
Advertisement
03-07-2020, 18:38   #70
Thargor
Registered User
 
Thargor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,689
By the way dont forget to try the scratchcard function in the app aswell, got a free pack of berry and nuts today.
Thargor is offline  
Thanks from:
03-07-2020, 18:47   #71
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Wonder if the electronic receipts in the app will count as a receipt if you try to return something? On the rare times Ive bought dodgy food from Lidl they wont take it back without a receipt, which I never have for food, always do for tools and electronics. Aldi take anything back no questions asked.
If you are in the position to have dodgy food and no receipt, pop in and buy the same item again and you have a receipt and get a refund for the original item.

This could be classed as dishonest but it’s what I would do in that situation
OmegaGene is online now  
Thanks from:
03-07-2020, 18:50   #72
Esse85
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,053
Wonder how long before Aldi do something similar.
Esse85 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
03-07-2020, 19:21   #73
freshpopcorn
Registered User
 
freshpopcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 21,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
By the way dont forget to try the scratchcard function in the app aswell, got a free pack of berry and nuts today.
I can't find the scratch card where is it on the app?
freshpopcorn is offline  
03-07-2020, 20:46   #74
Pacifico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn View Post
I can't find the scratch card where is it on the app?
Yeah can't see it either...might be store specific?
Pacifico is offline  
(2) thanks from:
03-07-2020, 21:23   #75
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11,440
Found this online while googling Lidl plus

Every purchase gives you a scratch off voucher that reveals a random benefit
OmegaGene is online now  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet