Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,185 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That last thread had no luck at all, hoping for better things from this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭passatman86

We are champions league
    We are champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,412 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Little bit of magic from Wijnaldum in training.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1391106932740603906?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79986234#/

Look at the description of this house hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Someone mentioned in the last thread selling Firmino for 50m next year.

Bit steep no?

I'd have no problem letting Bobby seek a new venture, but no way is he worth 50m post-Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Bobby may have found a role like last night. Effectively play Mo, Sadio and Jota as our front 3, use Bobby as an impact sub for last 15-25 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Someone mentioned in the last thread selling Firmino for 50m next year.

Bit steep no?

I'd have no problem letting Bobby seek a new venture, but no way is he worth 50m post-Covid.

That's a small m, denoting milli. Yes that's about right. He is worth €0.050.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Nice one Everton. CL qualification is almost back in our hands now.

Most other teams have done us some kind of favour (several really) over the past few weeks, so no excuses if we don't get 12/12 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nice one Everton. CL qualification is almost back in our hands now.

Most other teams have done us some kind of favour (several really) over the past few weeks, so no excuses if we don't get 12/12 points.

Yep, we need to win our 4 games and hope that Leicester lose one of theirs (then it'll come down to GD which is very close atm), or better yet, hope that they draw two of their games... then we'll pip them by a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Yep, we need to win our 4 games and hope that Leicester lose one of theirs (then it'll come down to GD which is very close atm), or better yet, hope that they draw two of their games... then we'll pip them by a point.

Leicester have to play Chelsea, Spurs and United. Good chance they don't win all those but Liverpool have to win their four games.

A draw with United would have been ok if we had held on in the Newcastle and Leeds games.

Those two late conceded goals, or the 6 home defeats happened for a reason, the reason is to look back at them and wonder what if.
    4th is possible now, but doesn't seem like it's our faith to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To have any chance of getting a top 4 place we need a minimum of 10 points from the last 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Damien360

To have any chance of getting a top 4 place we need a minimum of 10 points from the last 4 games.

Last year or year before I would have believed it was possible but considering the quality of play this year, I honestly can’t see us doing it. I do think Leicester will drop a load of points but we won’t catch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭brevity

Utd will lose to Leicester and beat us. And that will be that.

****e season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We’ve gone to Old Trafford in recent seasons as a much better team and never got more than a point. This time they’re genuinely better than us at the minute and some are already talking about winning all of our remaining games? We have a very, very slim chance of beating United on Thursday IMO.

I’d settle for a draw from that fixture right now if offered and take our chances with the remaining games hoping that Leicester bottle it again.

brevity wrote: »
    Utd will lose to Leicester and beat us. And that will be that.

****e season.

I wonder will Man U put out a full strength team against Leicester considering they still can mathematically win the title or will they throw in the towel in the league play the kids and just worry about beating us on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

10 points might be enough to finish level on points with both West Ham and Leicester and it could come down to goal difference which Leicester shade at the moment, but, if we draw level with Leicester, our GD will probably end up better than theirs, need United and Chelsea to do us favours, but, will we do our bit and get those 10 points. We can't really complain if we don't get top 4 as other teams have done us huge favours over the last few weeks and we have failed to take full advantage. Obviously need to not lose against United which I wouldn't be at confident about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I wonder will Man U put out a full strength team against Leicester considering they still can mathematically win the title or will they throw in the towel in the league play the kids and just worry about beating us on Thursday.

No need to wonder, you know the answer to that question.

For all City's dominance this season they only have 80pts and are still trying to win the league with 3 games to go. The reality is they've have a piss poor season in the league very similar to the one they had last season. They only thing they can do now is get 8 more points than their total last season.
    As for CL League, they got weakest group in the history of the CL, weakest last 16 draw, weakest 1/4 draw and played a not too clever psg.

Next season we just need a full squad, not a lot to ask really.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bid put in for Pereira now the West Brom are down.

Could be an ideal squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭brevity

For all City's dominance this season they only have 80pts and are still trying to win the league with 3 games to go. The reality is they've have a piss poor season in the league very similar to the one they had last season. They only thing they can do now is get 8 more points than their total last season.
    As for CL League, they got weakest group in the history of the CL, weakest last 16 draw, weakest 1/4 draw and played a not too clever psg.

Will be interesting to see how Chelsea and Utd perform next season.

For all the laughing at Ole that goes on, he's got them to a final and he has them playing with confidence. Cavani has been great for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,499 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No.

The idea that 80 points, potentially rising to 89, is a poor league is baffling.

You'd have to be comparing it to 100 points season to get that conclusion and that's a nuts comparison.

They're going to win 2 possibly 3 trophies this season, how can you possibly say it's a bad season, they had an absolutely awful start to the league, so even getting close to 80 points is a brilliant achievement. Even last season when they had a poor season they still got 82 points. Just because we've had a **** season doesn't mean we can downgrade the achievements of other clubs that have had good seasons. Regarding next season I don't see us challenging City for the title.

noodler wrote: »
    No.

The idea that 80 points, potentially rising to 89, is a poor league is baffling.

You'd have to be comparing it to 100 points season to get that conclusion and that's a nuts comparison.

City have lost 18 league games in the last 3 seasons. They're not all that.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    They're going to win 2 possibly 3 trophies this season, how can you possibly say it's a bad season, they had an absolutely awful start to the league, so even getting close to 80 points is a brilliant achievement. Even last season when they had a poor season they still got 82 points. Just because we've had a **** season doesn't mean we can downgrade the achievements of other clubs that have had good seasons. Regarding next season I don't see us challenging City for the title.

My point is we've had a 1/2 a squad this season, everyone out for season, or in and out every few games. I expect we'll walk the league next season with a full squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭celt262

My point is we've had a 1/2 a squad this season, everyone out for season, or in and out every few games. I expect we'll walk the league next season with a full squad.

Quoted for reference this time next year.

• Advertisement

What on earth has that got to do with your argument that 80+ points is a bad season?

Also, they are all that.

Clearly.

City and Chelsea will battle it out for the league title next season with ourselves and United fighting it out for third. We will certainly not walk the league

noodler wrote: »
    What on earth has that got to do with your argument that 80+ points is a bad season?

Also, they are all that.

Clearly.

Its only bad in regard to the fact we're not first in table with 93pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

City and Chelsea will battle it out for the league title next season with ourselves and United fighting it out for third. We will certainly not walk the league

Yeah, think you’re right. Hard to look past that top 4 (assuming we can regain some form), and could see a 10 point gap between City and Chelsea, and the rest below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I see it more as ourselves and city battling for the title and chelsea in 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

cj maxx wrote: »
    I see it more as ourselves and city battling for the title and chelsea in 3rd

With their transfer ban and failed Frank experiment behind them, Chelsea look firmly back to the title challenging version of the past decade. The upturn in their form since Tuchel came in is a bit frightening. From top 4 long shots, they’ve all but nailed down 3rd, along with reaching the finals in both competitions they remained in, beating City twice along the way. With a transfer window to work with, and more cash available than us, it’s hard not to see them being in a fantastic position for next year. Best we can hope for is a 3 horse race if we can up our game enough to compete with those two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

That's nonsense. Just seems like you're looking for a reaction.
    I think we'll get top 4 but I can see it being a Chelsea / Man City race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This is the negative perspective. Toby's was hyper optimistic.

Let's see. I've heard Chelsea will battle for the league for a couple of years now.

No idea how people can predict next season with 'certainty'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

6 wrote: »

Let's see. I've heard Chelsea will battle for the league for a couple of years now.

Big difference with Chelsea is that they have form over an extended period and a top class manager now. He'll be able get a couple of his players in also which will improve them further.

Big difference with Chelsea is that they have form over an extended period and a top class manager now. He'll be able get a couple of his players in also which will improve them further.

They have improved incredibly, that's without question. Can that be translated into a title challenge? We'll see soon enough.

He could have a bad league start and get fired. Chelsea are a strange club that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    With their transfer ban and failed Frank experiment behind them, Chelsea look firmly back to the title challenging version of the past decade. The upturn in their form since Tuchel came in is a bit frightening. From top 4 long shots, they’ve all but nailed down 3rd, along with reaching the finals in both competitions they remained in, beating City twice along the way. With a transfer window to work with, and more cash available than us, it’s hard not to see them being in a fantastic position for next year. Best we can hope for is a 3 horse race if we can up our game enough to compete with those two.

True :(
    3 way battle , if things go well, is the best we can hope for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They have improved incredibly, that's without question. Can that be translated into a title challenge? We'll see soon enough.

He could have a bad league start and get fired. Chelsea are a strange club that way.

Over the last 15 league games there two points between them and City. I'd be shocked if they don't win the cup against Leicester and they've a chance in the CL v City. That's a lot of credit in his bank. There's no way they aren't challenging next season.

We really need to make a couple of key signings this summer to ensure we are in the mix next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Enough fans seem to think it's certain the return of VVD, Gomez and Hendo will lead to us dominating again.

Which is even more of a stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

You can't be serious with that statement? we may put up a challenge alright but there is no chance in hell we are walking the PL next year...a few people have a bit of blind faith that all our problems will be magically fixed with the return of VVD and Gomez. We did concede 7 against Villa with both of them there, our current problems cut far deeper than our missing centre backs!

If the money doesn't come this summer for some serious squad reinforcement we will be fighting for top 4 again because Tuchel is going to get a serious wedge this summer as its his 1st a Chelsea manager and he will be adding to an already top class squad. Man City have a ridiculous team and squad as it is that will be now getting a serious boost from a big money Aguero replacement. And for all the laughing we do at Ole he actually has UTD heading in some sort of direction. There're on target for 80+ finish now this year that he will be striving to build on that next season.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Enough fans seem to think it's certain the return of VVD, Gomez and Hendo will lead to us dominating again.

Not dominating but I can see a marked improvement with the above three, Thiago, Matip and Fab being fit for a whole season.

Blanco100 wrote: »

No they don't. This is a massive exaggeration.

Where are these fans, as I don't know anyone saying that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How many games do you expect a team to lose each season they win the league? That's an average of 6 games a season.

No they don't. This is a massive exaggeration.

Where are these fans, as I don't know anyone saying that?

if you just flick back 2 pages you will see one fan in here who thinks we will walk it with those players back. Work colleague of mine has similar believes also....there is many of them out there alright.

Originally Posted by ~Rebel~

Crazily enough, looking at other centre forward options, Pat Bamford might actually not be a bad one. 14 goals and 10 assists this season so far! Only one of those goals was a pen too. Some going in fairness... works like a dog too, and links play together pretty well. Only one year left on his contract after this season, so might be some value there.

Ornstein reporting today that Liverpool admire Bamford and are one of a few clubs looking at him.

if you just flick back 2 pages you will see one fan in here who thinks we will walk it with those players back. Work colleague of mine has similar believes also....there is many of them out there alright.

One person on a website is proof? Let's face it Toby does come out with extreme statements!

Hardly anyone realistically believes it. It doesn't even make sense imo.

One person on a website is proof? Let's face it Toby does come out with extreme statements!

Hardly anyone realistically believes it. It doesn't even make sense imo.

I never said it made sense but I was just merely pointing out to you that these fans exists when you questioned it. The guy I work with is blindly convinced about the return of VVD solving all issues and almost fell out with me one day when I questioned him over it, I don't even bring the games up with him anymore....

• Advertisement
Advertisement