Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interviews - to tell or not?

Options
  • 08-05-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

Do you usually tell those close to you when you get job interviews? I would lean towards keeping shtum unless I actually get the job so that if you don't get the gig you can be alone in your disappointment and not have to regurgitate it to several others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Do you usually tell those close to you when you get job interviews? I would lean towards keeping shtum unless I actually get the job so that you can be alone in your disappointment and not have to regurgitate it to several others.

I tell no one nothing....even my closest friends only have a vague idea where/what I work at

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I don't go to job interviews. Can't stand the thought of it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I wouldn't tell anyone just go for it and hope for the best, Not the same situation but I remember when I was going for my driving test told everybody and I failed it, felt crapped when people asked how I did, applied immediately again told nobody and passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Make sure you give them your Facebook, Twitter and all that most ask for it now ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

I used to, until I realised they'd then start googling for the job ad to find out what the salary is :rolleyes:

I am interviewing at the moment and when something eventually comes through I'll say I was headhunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I don't mean to be mean but your friends most likely don't care.

Jobs come and go, who really give a sh1t?

Advertisement