Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catholic Church confirms you can no longer leave/defect

• 09-01-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my defection process. I went to Count Me Out, fillled in all the forms and sent them off. However I got a letter back saying you can't defect anymore.
    the Canon Law of the Catholic Church was recently change on this matter and it now no longer possible, as it was for some years, to make a formal act of defection from the Church.

read more: Leaving the Catholic Church no longer possible

Whether or not that makes one still a Catholic is an ecumenical matter. :P

However you can be put on a formal register of 'de facto' defections.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Simply walk away.
    I did it 63 years ago and never looked back. YOU are responsible for YOU - not some mickey-mouse mind-benders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its like the Mafia, once you're in you're in.

Just another example of the churches bullshit rules being changed to save face when it suits them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Right. That's it. Gonna have to make my movie now. And by now I mean later when I have time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

how pathetic.

I always wondered if I'd consider baptising my kids for school purposes.

not a chance now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just tick the right box on the census form. Would be funny seeing the church claim 90% of us as theirs, but only 50% tick it on the census form

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Big thread here about those, well, muppets and their canon law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement