Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current guidelines re: travelling England to Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I have to go to the UK on June 17th: does anybody know if there is any chance that the PCR test requirement when returning from the UK to here will be abolished by June 20th?

The PCR requirement makes no sense: the UK Covid figures are better than ours. When you factor in that the the UK government is doing about 1.4 million tests per day - 800,000 PCR and 600,000 Rapid Flow - whereas our government is doing about 18,000 tests every day.

If we were doing as much testing as the Brits (on a pro rata basis), our figures would be many times worse.

Following announcements intensely and haven't seen anything indicating PCR tests from uk to ROI will be waived by mid june (unless you count leo saying "maybe they might restore the CTA soon, maybe before autumn possibly but also variants"...etc)

Expect the worst and hope for the best - if flying into Dublin plan to take a PCR before return or look at flights into Belfast where no PCR is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I have to go to the UK on June 17th: does anybody know if there is any chance that the PCR test requirement when returning from the UK to here will be abolished by June 20th?
    Quite honestly I wouldn't bet on it. To me it seems that the only reason Ireland has opened up at all this year is because the rules have lost all respect and are being widely flouted.

PommieBast wrote: »
    ... To me it seems that the only reason Ireland has opened up at all this year is because the rules have lost all respect and are being widely flouted.

I think the over 50s etc being vaccinated and hospital numbers plummeting was key also, to be fair like.

Advertisement