This thread really got me thinking about all my experiences on boats and I am surprised at how many I have had! Now I am about to make myself sound totally unworthy of the prize as I turn into a big show off and list all my boating experiences..... (Kinda listing them for myself too so that I can realise how much I love an auld boat). It also makes me think about how far Irish people have come in terms of boating experiences, what the people experienced on famine ships is the polar opposite of what Irish people experience today.
• The usual ferries to the UK, France, Aran Islands etc.
• Rowing boats round the "Green Venice" in Western France.
• Touring the Whitsundays in an Americas cup competitor Yacht (overnight with a crowd of Canadians and Israeli's and lots of beer). Kayaking around islands in Fiji and also the cook islands.
• A cruise around Fiji too, but not a fancy one, it was more like a floating hostel.
• Those petrifying longtail boats that get you to different islands in Thailand, one experience was in a storm where I had to transfer from one long tail to another in deep water, terrifying!
• Touring around Milford Sound in New Zealand, majestic!
• A slightly stoned canal tour in Amsterdam trying to look through foggy windows at Christmas light displays, more disappointing than it sounds.
• Shannon River cruise, good times!
• The Dublin Bay cruise, was brilliant as it was on one of those scorchingly hot summer days we had two years ago.
• An Alaskan cruise as part of our Honeymoon, a once in a lifetime experience!
I know as soon as I click "post reply" I will think of more but that is enough SHOWBOATING for today!