Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tv character freaked you out as a kid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Most of the adults in the film, 'Oliver'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Miskatonic

Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout.

3662d1238665775-spring-pictures-zebedee.jpg

And the bit at the end of the Thriller video when he looks back to the camera and his eyes are yellow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Everyone out of Coronation Street :/

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Wanderly Wagon.....the whole dam show scared the crap outta me!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Poutbutton wrote: »
    Aonghus McNally off irish kids tv used to freak me out so bad I'd turn off the tv!

Funny story, I was at The Darkness gig in Vicar St a few years ago and found myself dancing hectically with Aonghus . . . . AWKWARD

OT The opening credits for Tales of the unexpected :eek:, Aunt Sally and the winking weatherman Gerry something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I *accidently* watched It on video as a kid, didn't think much of clowns before that..Think seeing Dumbo as a 4 or 5 year old put me off, still haven't watched IT since.
    One of my brothers was terrified every time David Banner turned into the hulk, was the eyes that did it...he was also terrified of the Ribena berries from the add, had a nightmare about them:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

the dwarf in the german series the singing ringing tree that was shown in the seventies on bbc, i`m in my 40`s now and the little f@%ker still scares me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

not as a kid.. but looking back how freaking creepy looking is Bosco..his voice is far to high pitched...suppose someone does have there hand up his arse:p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

Podge used to terrify me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Dolorous wrote: »
    Rimini Riddle used to freak me out, and no-one remembers it! Behold...

Leo-Rimini-Riddle_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Vera-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rimini-Riddle-TV-puppets_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Leo-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

looks like miley from glenroe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

two words....

Button moon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the honey monster use to scare the **** of me and I would leg it out of the room when that ad came on :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

The invisible man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

does anyone remember the kids tv show knightmare?
    the wizard on that with the red cloak with the grey hair with red through the middle used to terrify me

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

dungeon wrote: »
    The child catcher....... argh.

Ab-so-fcukin-loutly. Still freaks me out so he does, the freaky child catchin' bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

dungeon wrote: »
    The child catcher....... argh.

They wouldn't get away with creating such a character for a kids show in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The child catcher seems to be doing well here in our childhood scary memories, here's a little nostalgia......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmbklTNDU2E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

ic2-250-bg01b.jpg

Scared the crap outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Enderol

worzel gummidge!

I mean what kind of sick F*** decides that a scarecrow who comes to life has to rip his own head off and replace it with another to have different modes.

I can't see scarecrows with out being freaked out.

scarred for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The red devil outta 'cow and chicken'.
    Maybe it was the fact that it showed his bare ass in the show that scared me the most. Im not sure..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

back to the original post, does anyone acually remember the witch out of hr puffinstuff.....freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I loved loved this but after watching this episode I remember not being able to sleep for ages lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

The Cat in the Hat and the Cheshire Cat. Just copped that both of them are cats and I HATE cats but mainly due to allergies...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

while not a TV series it was a mini film series. Pennywise the Clown from IT still gives me the willies a bit. here he is all nicey nicey

pennywise%20the%20dancing%20clown.jpg

and then

pennywise.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Enderol wrote: »
    worzel gummidge!

I mean what kind of sick F*** decides that a scarecrow who comes to life has to rip his own head off and replace it with another to have different modes.

Worzel Gummidge was one seriously f*cked up bass-tard.

Him & 40 Coats. Old, weird & f*cked up weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

The alien guy from Mike'N'Angelo. Can't remember if he was Mike or Angelo....

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

The count from Seseme Street used to scare the sh!t outta me. Not any more though,i'm a big boy now! I've even got him as my avatar now:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

The invisible man
    Me too! I don't remember if it was because I thought he was actually vanishing (i.e. from existence) or because I thought he was turning invisible and could never become visible again... There was a freaky machine which did it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The penguin from The Wrong Trousers :eek:

The Evil Headmaster

Ms. Trunchbull from Matilda

I'll probably think of more later...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Aysha wrote: »
    ...the witch out of hr puffinstuff.....freaky!

witchie1.jpg Wilhemina W. Witchiepoo

Advertisement