Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jfdi

Thanks ZombieMed. I won the Garden makeover competition (the 50400 Competition that people weren't getting a text response on).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Jfdi wrote: »
    Thanks ZombieMed. I won the Garden makeover competition (the 50400 Competition that people weren't getting a text response on).

Congratulations was that the one with €1000 tesco voucher too?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wally79 wrote: »
    The mail about the whiskey was quite annoyingly written.
    Definitely thought I’d won

I hate those emails

Some of the comps from Rude Health do the same

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Congratulations was that the one with €1000 tesco voucher too?

Yes, it was😃

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Cracker of a prize for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Fair play! Hope you have a good use for it. Did you get a reply to the entry at the time?

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Fair play! Hope you have a good use for it. Did you get a reply to the entry at the time?
    I did get a reply to my text message.

Yes, it was😃

Brilliant enjoy. I was wondering when I entered, is the €5000 for the consultation as in they will give you a design and u do it urself or is that you will getting €5000 worth of stuff in the garden

Brilliant enjoy. I was wondering when I entered, is the €5000 for the consultation as in they will give you a design and u do it urself or is that you will getting €5000 worth of stuff in the garden
    I was a bit distracted when they called with the details. I'm waiting on the email/ letter to know exact details. However she said design consultancy and then there's money for whatever is needed, e.g. plants, furniture, decking etc. You can use the money for a gardener or do the work yourself. This is the detail in the T&C's from the competition "The winner will receive a 1 on 1 consultation (potentially virtual, subject to restrictions and availability) worth €2k, a design plan for a garden makeover worth €5k and €1K Tesco Gift Gard"

I was a bit distracted when they called with the details. I'm waiting on the email/ letter to know exact details. However she said design consultancy and then there's money for whatever is needed, e.g. plants, furniture, decking etc. You can use the money for a gardener or do the work yourself. This is the detail in the T&C's from the competition "The winner will receive a 1 on 1 consultation (potentially virtual, subject to restrictions and availability) worth €2k, a design plan for a garden makeover worth €5k and €1K Tesco Gift Gard"
    Oh wow that will be great. I was thinking would it just be the consultation and then they would give u a design and then look for you to pay the products. But getting whatever you need to do it and the consultation as well means you will end up with something great. Do you have a big garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Great prize Jfdi, congratulations!:)

Oh wow that will be great. I was thinking would it just be the consultation and then they would give u a design and then look for you to pay the products. But getting whatever you need to do it and the consultation as well means you will end up with something great. Do you have a big garden
    Yes, a big front and back garden. We moved into the house 2 years ago and the garden was well established. We had only recently thought about adding a seating / entertainment area, so the prize has come at a great time.

Yes, a big front and back garden. We moved into the house 2 years ago and the garden was well established. We had only recently thought about adding a seating / entertainment area, so the prize has come at a great time.

That will work out well so. I love winning a good prize that you will get great use out of and every time you sit out there you can enjoy it knowing it was a prize. Best of luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Just adding my own cautionary tale about the importance of checking your Spam box, and not assuming that competition closing dates are always correct! :pac:

I entered this competition in The Gloss back in November. Obviously never expected to win – it said that the winner would be notified by email by November 26 and I'd nothing in my emails at that stage.

...Fast forward to early January and I found an email from them dated just before Christmas to say that I'd won! Was absolutely raging that I'd missed it, and emailed them back to see if it was still mine or if they'd given it to someone else (which would have been absolutely fair enough, I figured they'd probably only give prizewinners a week or two to reply).

They assured me it was still mine, but it took them until March before they confirmed that they had been in contact with the prize fulfillment team. It wasn't until last week that someone from Dylan Bradshaw called to say it was being sent over, and it took until Tuesday this week to finally arrive, four months after they sent the congratulations email!!

I'm obviously delighted to have won it, but all the stress of not knowing if I'd ever get it could have been avoided if I'd checked my Spam box more frequently! :o:o

I'm always in my spam!

Anyone get an email about Rustlers? One of my family got a €100 prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thebond

Re Walkers Max Text Comp for a pair of headphones

I got a call last week to say i was one of the winners, and instead of headphones , sending a €200 Harvey Norman giftcard instead, so was happy with that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Took 5 attempts to complete the Gym+ coffee survey, finally finished it, but didn't receive discount yet, did anyone get the code? thanks.

ETA it just arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Zombie, I won Cadbury and KC peaches hamper from your Text Gran post. Many thanks! Hadn't won a thing in a year!

Zombie, I won Cadbury and KC peaches hamper from your Text Gran post. Many thanks! Hadn't won a thing in a year!

Love it! Hope it's a nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

thebond wrote: »
    Re Walkers Max Text Comp for a pair of headphones

I got a call last week to say i was one of the winners, and instead of headphones , sending a €200 Harvey Norman giftcard instead, so was happy with that!

A €200 giftcard is a thing of beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭JohnChadwick

Not getting any responses for the coca cola comps like MONSTER to 50400 etc

Anyway get replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Yes, I got a response to the Monster text one. One entry only allowed.

Yes, I got a response to the Monster text one. One entry only allowed.

Monster is daily until the 27th.

Promotional Period: This promotion is open from 00:01 on 31.03.2021 to 23:59 on 27.04.2021.
    A maximum of 1 entry per person per day and a maximum of 28 entries over the promotional period is allowed. Any additional entries will be disqualified. Persons using multiple mobile numbers to enter will be disqualified.

Monster is daily until the 27th.

Promotional Period: This promotion is open from 00:01 on 31.03.2021 to 23:59 on 27.04.2021.
    A maximum of 1 entry per person per day and a maximum of 28 entries over the promotional period is allowed. Any additional entries will be disqualified. Persons using multiple mobile numbers to enter will be disqualified.
    What was the prize for that competition, I must have missed it.

What was the prize for that competition, I must have missed it.

A moto gp experience. Flights accom tickets.

Got no replies for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Anyone else having problems with 'scan the fox' promotion? No joy with scanning this pesky fox!

pippin5 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with 'scan the fox' promotion? No joy with scanning this pesky fox!

I can scan the picture on the box no problem but every day it just says I won an entry in to the coppers draw, which I have no interest in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Just wondering if anyone could give me a digout with the Afloat crossword please!
    I am having no luck with one of the clues, keep coming back to it but all I'm drawing is a big blank.

It's 18 Down - Clue is: 'The Artistic Medium of Rage' article. (7)

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lucalux wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could give me a digout with the Afloat crossword please!
    I am having no luck with one of the clues, keep coming back to it but all I'm drawing is a big blank.

It's 18 Down - Clue is: 'The Artistic Medium of Rage' article. (7)

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help

Tempera?

How do your answers match with mine - stuck on 13 across and down

https://i.imgur.com/JFZkcrQ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tempera?

How do your answers match with mine - stuck on 13 across and down

https://i.imgur.com/JFZkcrQ.png

That's it thank you so much! Was bugging me a lot.

So I guessed, (and it really is a guess), that 13 across/15across was Below The Helm? It fits at least.
    Meaning not in authority perhaps, as per the clue.
    Your mileage may vary :)

And 13 Down I thought was Belay, ropy security and all that?

Again, I'm guessing for the majority of these each time they come around, but it's a nice prize so hey ho!

Advertisement