Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Kids Outdoor Playhouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

looks flimsy, relying on ground anchors

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Comes as standard without a roof-covering??? :confused:
    And not treated?
    And needs a concrete base anyway?

No way I'd pay that money for 2m² + verandah & a swing.

I'm sure there are thousands of plans available in various corners of the internet. When I built my children their playhouse, I didn't bother - just built it straight up from the ground. All done in a day (with the help of MrsCR & the two eldest). That was 25 years ago; it subsequently moved house (and country) with us, graduated to being a chicken shed after a while, and is currently "flat-packed" at the back of the garden waiting to return to service. I reckon we didn't spend more than a couple of hundred on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭karlitob

Comes as standard without a roof-covering??? :confused:
    And not treated?
    And needs a concrete base anyway?

No way I'd pay that money for 2m² + verandah & a swing.

I'm sure there are thousands of plans available in various corners of the internet. When I built my children their playhouse, I didn't bother - just built it straight up from the ground. All done in a day (with the help of MrsCR & the two eldest). That was 25 years ago; it subsequently moved house (and country) with us, graduated to being a chicken shed after a while, and is currently "flat-packed" at the back of the garden waiting to return to service. I reckon we didn't spend more than a couple of hundred on it.

Thanks for that. I kinda thought so but sometimes you presume something and you’re miles off. I know it’s a business for these guys but if there’s any savings to be had - which can justify the purchase of a tool that I don’t need - as well as the enjoyment of making then I’m all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

I'm sure there are thousands of plans available in various corners of the internet.

That is a fact:
    https://myoutdoorplans.com/playhouse/outdoor-fort-plans/

Advertisement