17-02-2020, 11:15   #31
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootanany View Post
What is a sponsored post??
We often run Sponsored Posts for various companies/organisations and have been doing so since 2013. They are only displayed in forums that are relevant to the offer or content in the post so you might not have come across them before in the Mayo forum. They are marked as 'sponsored' to make it clear that the content is not originating from Boards but from another company/organisation, like any sponsored or advertising content would be marked on any other site. You can read more about sponsored posts from when we first introduced them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunudo View Post
Exactly and who is providing the funding and who is pushing the agenda?
You can read all about Noteworthy and how they are funded here: https://www.noteworthy.ie/about-us and more insight here: https://dublininquirer.com/2020/01/2...und-journalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
The journal.ie own that Newsworthy crew who are pedaling this. I'm all for open discussion but as was posted below the facts are there.

Still looking forward to their investigation into why a hospital in Ireland is 7 times dearer than one in Liverpool and 5 times dearer than one in Portugal which is twice the size......

Anyway, its going to be built and we will be grateful for it.
And I hope the other areas mentioned here get their roads sorted out and it won't have this "investigation" for the sake of it.
For clarification, Journal Media Ltd own TheJournal.ie and Noteworthy.ie (plus The42.ie and Fora.ie). They have also owned Boards.ie since October 2018 (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...?t=2057904013) so we are all in the same company and we occasionally post Noteworthy sponsored posts.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 11:42   #32
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boards.ie: Niamh View Post
We often run Sponsored Posts for various companies/organisations and have been doing so since 2013. They are only displayed in forums that are relevant to the offer or content in the post so you might not have come across them before in the Mayo forum. They are marked as 'sponsored' to make it clear that the content is not originating from Boards but from another company/organisation, like any sponsored or advertising content would be marked on any other site. You can read more about sponsored posts from when we first introduced them here.

You can read all about Noteworthy and how they are funded here: https://www.noteworthy.ie/about-us and more insight here: https://dublininquirer.com/2020/01/2...und-journalism

For clarification, Journal Media Ltd own TheJournal.ie and Noteworthy.ie (plus The42.ie and Fora.ie). They have also owned Boards.ie since October 2018 (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...?t=2057904013) so we are all in the same company and we occasionally post Noteworthy sponsored posts.
So the journal and boards are now one of the same! Ok!

So based on their site.
  • We Create, Support and Deliver Stories that Matter
  • Noteworthy is a platform to help fund the type of in-depth journalism that the public wants to see. Our model is simple:
  • You tell us what you want to see investigated.
  • We use those ideas to create proposals and figure out how best to tell these stories.
  • We come back and look for community support in funding these projects

Childrens hospital. Looking forward to this one.
17-02-2020, 20:45   #33
17-pdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
Define low traffic volumes?

You have seen the route?

You use the road daily?
I'm in support of the new road Yop, but Rodin's point of there may still be a traffic jam going into Westport (especially during tourist season) has merit I think. Why was the terminus on the Newport side of Westport chosen I wonder and no consideration given to a link to the N59 south of the town heading to Leenane? Traffic for Louisburgh, Bertra, Old Head beaches etc will still have to go through the town.
Thanks from:
22-02-2020, 23:53   #34
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-pdr View Post
I'm in support of the new road Yop, but Rodin's point of there may still be a traffic jam going into Westport (especially during tourist season) has merit I think. Why was the terminus on the Newport side of Westport chosen I wonder and no consideration given to a link to the N59 south of the town heading to Leenane? Traffic for Louisburgh, Bertra, Old Head beaches etc will still have to go through the town.
Still taking a lot of traffic from the Kilmeena, Newport, Mulranny, Achill direction away from the town. If its even 50-100 cars on a Friday then that will remove the bulk of that line into town.

I saw nothing on the N59 link, I would say the already in progress works into Sandy Hill will work towards the link road.

Time will tell how it works out.
26-02-2020, 08:28   #35
yew_tree

Anytime anything is built west of the Shannon, the rest of the country get in a hoop. Well F off. As I write this I’m stuck in traffic between Castlebar And Westport after yet another serious accident.

The toad is lethal and I believe the the likes of Allergan our pressure on to get this road built as their goods were being damaged in transport...fair play to them if that’s the case.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion