Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another UFH issue

Options
  • 12-12-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

A question for the experts here.

Our UFH is only heating half of one room. You can feel the floor go from warm to cold about halfway across the room.

Is this an airlock issue or maybe it's not properly balanced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Shorty69664

Just bumping this as I'm thinking of having a go at balancing it over the weekend if that's what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Just bumping this as I'm thinking of having a go at balancing it over the weekend if that's what the issue is.

Go to the manifold, some of the manifolds have flow guages on them check if there is no flow in some circuits when the system is on . If you don't have flow guages then place your hand on each pipe on the manifold when the system is running and see if any remain cold , if one of the circuits remains cold you should be able to open the balancing valve on that circuit on the manifold . Only open it slightly more , you don't want to upset the balance in the rest of them

Cheers for the info and tips Outkast... Looks like I have a different issue than I thought.

When I started investigating, it seems I have two separate loops into the room in question, so one is working and one is not.
    Your tip to check the flowmeters indicated the faulty loop but before I changed anything I noticed the actuators were different. One was open and one was closed.
    So it looks like I have a faulty actuator. I'll see if I can get a new one during the week and install.

Thanks a bunch for the help...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Is you actuator controlled by a room stat? If so then check to see if that's calling for heat.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Swap the two actuators and see if the other half of the room heats. At least then you would know if it's actually the actuator and not wiring or the stat.

• Advertisement

Wearb wrote: »
    Is you actuator controlled by a room stat? If so then check to see if that's calling for heat.

Yes. One stat calling for heat, so in theory they should both work as a pair.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Swap the two actuators and see if the other half of the room heats. At least then you would know if it's actually the actuator and not wiring or the stat.

Good idea. Will do this later and report back....

Advertisement