Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merging Subsidiary Companies

• 11-12-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for some input on the following situation, if possible:

Hold Co. owns 100% of the shares in company A + 100% of the shares in company B in a group structure. There is no property held in either company A or company B and the only potential chargeable gain is goodwill on which an exemption from CGT can be claimed. If company A takes over the assets and liabilities of company B in order to merge both companies after which point company B will be struck off the CRO register, are there any tax implications to be aware of? From looking at it, I don't think there is. Plant & Machinery can be transferred at TWDV. The only other assets are stock, debtors and cash.

Also, would there be any non tax implications i.e. company law, banking etc.?

Many thanks for any help or guidance,
    Hcksaw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Why do you say struck off?
    https://www.cro.ie/Termination-Restoration/Overview
    Voluntary Strike-off is the language IIRC

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

"after which point company B will be strike off" doesn't sound right in my head.

I'm aware of the involuntarily strike off process after which point a company will be struck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Anyone able to help on the above scenario?

Advertisement