Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinged a car, gone before I got back with note

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

tcawley29 wrote: »
    No giving to charity is great, it's ridiculous that you think that excuses the OP of the damage.

Realistically they've probably gotten away with it but if you were the owner of the damaged car, tracked down the OP and they said "oh I donated the repair costs to charity" that that would be an acceptable answer?

I'd still be following for repair costs too as I was never given the choice.

You're some grinch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

tcawley29 wrote: »
    No giving to charity is great, it's ridiculous that you think that excuses the OP of the damage.

Realistically they've probably gotten away with it but if you were the owner of the damaged car, tracked down the OP and they said "oh I donated the repair costs to charity" that that would be an acceptable answer?

I'd still be following for repair costs too as I was never given the choice.

Thought the op said there was no damage.... Well none to write home about anyway.

Forget about it op. Life moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Fair play and what if the car was gone like the original OP?

I always have a pen and paper in my car, handy for exchanging details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Del2005 wrote: »
    I always have a pen and paper in my car, handy for exchanging details.

Yeah but what if you were the OP who didnt!?

The silence is deafening lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Then you would have to go to a shop and get one and hope you are in time, as the OP attempted.

tuxy wrote: »
    Then you would have to go to a shop and get one and hope you are in time, as the OP attempted.

Exactly. As the OP tries to do ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Exactly. As the OP tries to do ;-)

Why couldn't they take pic of car and reg of car before they wandered off? It was obvious that the car wasn't going to be there all day!

It's peculiar for one to go away for a biro and paper in say 5 mind and the coincidence of the owner of damaged car coming back and driving off.

I'm calling! The op knowingly walked off without intent of leaving details and is now feeling guilty so concocted this story of going in search of a biro and paper. Who objects?

Advertisement