Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arlo Pro Cameras

Options
  • 03-12-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I just bought a set of Arlo Pro 3 cameras a couple of weeks back. Easy set up and good quality 2k playback, but I'm frustrated at the notification setup. I have an android phone and the notification setup is just like any other app with no option for priority alerting from Arlo notifications. Anyone had experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

laraido wrote: »
    I just bought a set of Arlo Pro 3 cameras a couple of weeks back. Easy set up and good quality 2k playback, but I'm frustrated at the notification setup. I have an android phone and the notification setup is just like any other app with no option for priority alerting from Arlo notifications. Anyone had experience of this?

Not sure what priority notifications do, but my way is simple... I disable all notifications, except for apps that I want.... Whatsapp, Messages, Arlo... I'm not too concerned when Facebook wants to tell me that someone had a coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

How do you find the arlo3.....? I was also looking into it and couldn’t figure out if it streams 2K when only using battery rather than being plugged to a mains supply?
    Do you happen to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

ctlsleh wrote: »
    How do you find the arlo3.....? I was also looking into it and couldn’t figure out if it streams 2K when only using battery rather than being plugged to a mains supply?
    Do you happen to know?

After more testing and reading up on Reddit, I sent this camera set back. It does stream in 2K. Excellent picture. My problem was the in consistency in notifications. Even after figuring out how to use notifications properly on an Android phone, the frustration was in the fact that it doesn't always alert you with a sound. I woke up to see numerous motion alerts which were dues to a tree I had it set up beside. Thats fine, just a location and motion sensitivity fix, but I want live alert sounds when its happening, not after the fact.

Arlo don't seem to have a decent customer help offering either. Anyway, a nice bit of kit, but I'll wait until they have their issues sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

After more testing and reading up on Reddit, I sent this camera set back. It does stream in 2K. Excellent picture. My problem was the in consistency in notifications. Even after figuring out how to use notifications properly on an Android phone, the frustration was in the fact that it doesn't always alert you with a sound. I woke up to see numerous motion alerts which were dues to a tree I had it set up beside. Thats fine, just a location and motion sensitivity fix, but I want live alert sounds when its happening, not after the fact.

Arlo don't seem to have a decent customer help offering either. Anyway, a nice bit of kit, but I'll wait until they have their issues sorted.

Do they have to be plugged into a mins connection for the 2K streaming or will they don2K off the battery?
    I don’t think the Pro2s would stream HD unless plugged in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

And so it continues....

When I went to open the new package, I realised that instead of Arlo Pro 2... It was an Arlo Pro (2 pack)...

Either they mistakenly sent an old product or someone is taking the piss. Am never ordering from the US site again. What a disaster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement